Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

To steal @est1874's thunder from the Rashica thread,  and given it is more likely any other player in the world than Rashica, a private jet landed in Birmingham about 4pm, that set off from Venice.

If anyone can suggest a logical reason why such a fight would be happening if not a footballer i'd love to hear it...

Obviously someone who lives in Venice has fancied a holiday?

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I really like Davis too, but 'him and then nothing' is not sufficient depth in the position. El Ghazi proved he couldn't perform out of position there last season, and I doubt Trezeguet would be any better.

We need somebody we can bring on for Davis, if nothing else.

I agree to a degree, but we just can't adress everything in one window. We recently got promoted. We can't expect to have squad depth in top quality all over the pitch. We need to be pragmatical in terms of where we add more depth. 

And worst case, it's much more viable to play 3 months with Davis/Traore/Trez as opposed to 3 months with Hause/Elmo, but opinions are like arseholes I guess. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

I know people holiday,  I know businesses exist outside of football,  I know its probably totally unrelated, but it helps to keep things alive, or we accept we're done for the window.

- some wealthy individual returning from a break in Venice (more likely than someone from venice choosing to holiday in brum.. unless they really love canals).. distinctly possible alternative

- I just can't,  In this day and age of brexit and covid, envisage a business trip involving a private jet and two otherwise unlikely destinations,  that isn't football related.

23 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Seriously can’t people let this go now the window is closed in Germany?

The Window is closed for German clubs to buy players.  Our transfer window is still open and we are still able to buy German players 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

To steal @est1874's thunder from the Rashica thread,  and given it is more likely any other player in the world than Rashica, a private jet landed in Birmingham about 4pm, that set off from Venice.

If anyone can suggest a logical reason why such a fight would be happening if not a footballer i'd love to hear it...

Come to look at our canals?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Pretty dull day for us really. 

Much needed after last night with my sore head. 

Still think Josh King is our best bet. Ticks all the boxes not sure Bournemouth need the cash now and may want to keep him for a big push for promotion. 

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Still think Josh King is our best bet. Ticks all the boxes not sure Bournemouth need the cash now and may want to keep him for a big push for promotion. 

Yeah I think King could be quite likely. 

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

King would be a very smart squad player to pick up. 

We should save the loan for injury cover in January. Being able to bring in a Lb or cb on loan from another club could be very helpful. Smalling for instance might be available in Jan.

I think LW/St should be purchased in this window which allows us to have one of traore, mcginn, barkley, grealish, watkins or ??? Off the bench in any game which would make us so much more threatening late on. 

36 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I know people holiday,  I know businesses exist outside of football,  I know its probably totally unrelated, but it helps to keep things alive, or we accept we're done for the window.

- some wealthy individual returning from a break in Venice (more likely than someone from venice choosing to holiday in brum.. unless they really love canals).. distinctly possible alternative

- I just can't,  In this day and age of brexit and covid, envisage a business trip involving a private jet and two otherwise unlikely destinations,  that isn't football related.

What? 

31 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Could see a move or two taking place domestically (ala Josh King/Rico Henry) but looks like we're done for the mai  window. Really solid window it has been, too. 

King would be a good signing.