Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Window doesn't close untl 11pm and even then we can still sell and sign players from and to EFL clubs until October 16th. So even if we don't sign anyone today we will probably continue to be linked to players like Sarr and Benrahma until the domestic window closes.

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Whether we get another one or not, Preece was basically PFE’ing last night. Very poor standards. 

No he had just seen that interview with DS and interpreted that we were done with ins and are looking at offloads. He is most likely right, though Dean’s politician’s answer did leave some wiggle room.

I think there might be more chance of an incoming from the second deadline on October 16th. Still need to shift some out so if they aren't bought/loaned today, they might be released etc to make room. Vague from Preece here, showing he doesn't know at all.

8 hours ago, Trickster said:

I think there might be more chance of an incoming from the second deadline on October 16th. Still need to shift some out so if they aren't bought/loaned today, they might be released etc to make room. Vague from Preece here, showing he doesn't know at all.

that might be true, but 2 of them are Nyland and Kalinic, and the other is Wesley who i cant imagine will actually be registered until Jan???

even if Wesley is registered, its 25 if we leave Kalinic/Nyland out of the squad.

54 minutes ago, useless said:

Window doesn't close untl 11pm and even then we can still sell and sign players from and to EFL clubs until October 16th. So even if we don't sign anyone today we will probably continue to be linked to players like Sarr and Benrahma until the domestic window closes.

There are still good players down there, such as Brooks too. I’d get Brooks as a backup to Grealish and Barkley. Who can also play as a RW so basically another Jack in the right side. I know we need pace but that’s only available with Sarr.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Disagree on that. We need a CB however. Unless Engels suddenly is able to kick a ball again. 

So if Watkins is injured, we are down to just Davis. You ok with that?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

As has been said a number of times we also have Traore and Wesley will be back in a couple of months.

Just now, paul514 said:

As has been said a number of times we also have Traore and Wesley will be back in a couple of months.

I don't think Wesley will kick a ball this season. If he does it will be cameo appearances towards the end.

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

There is a guy called Samatta who scored 2 goals in 1 game recently, might be worth a punt?

might be a steal for 15m.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, maqroll said:

But we are not. Wesley, Davis and then you can talk about players that can play out of position so to speak like Trez, Traore, and even AEG I guess. And for what it's worth I really rate Davis. 

My point is that while I ideally would want another top class striker, left back, CB, RW and LW, we aren't in a position to get that now. And ultimately we will have a problem if any key players get injured. 

Just like Man Utd have a problem if Bruno gets injured, we have a problem if Jack gets injured. Just like Liverpool have a problem if Allison gets injured, we have a problem if Martinez gets injured. Just like we have a problem if Ollie gets injured. Spurs have a problem if Kane gets injured. 

That's just how it is. 

Right now we can't safe guard ourselves against injuries to key players. It's just about getting adequate depth for positions. For the striker position we got depth to keep our head above water. For CB position we just don't. 

So for my a CB far outweighs the need of a striker. By some distance as well. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

But we are not. Wesley, Davis and then you can talk about players that can play out of position so to speak like Trez, Traore, and even AEG I guess. And for what it's worth I really rate Davis. 

My point is that while I ideally would want another top class striker, left back, CB, RW and LW, we aren't in a position to get that now. And ultimately we will have a problem if any key players get injured. 

Just like Man Utd have a problem if Bruno gets injured, we have a problem if Jack gets injured. Just like Liverpool have a problem if Allison gets injured, we have a problem if Martinez gets injured. Just like we have a problem if Ollie gets injured. Spurs have a problem if Kane gets injured. 

That's just how it is. 

Right now we can't safe guard ourselves against injuries to key players. It's just about getting adequate depth for positions. For the striker position we got ample depth. For CB position we don't. 

So for my a CB far outweighs the need of a striker. By some distance as well. 

Other way round for me.  Our backup strikers simply do not score goals - whereas Hause and Engels as cover is "fine".  Ample depth is the striker position as Davis?  No thanks.

• Like 1