Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its difficult to have cover for your best players......I think we will keep our powder dry until January and re visit things.

Its also difficult to keep all the players happy who are not playing, in light of going out of one cup.

We have had a very decent Window, lets be grateful.

Tbf, the only unhappy players as a result of our Cup departure have only themselves to blame, but this is very accurate. We dont, yet, have the pulling power and current reputation to keep otherwise first team quality players happy, whilst they sit on the bench

• Like 1

I’m a bit disappointed that we haven’t signed anyone on deadline day BUT, this season was always about not being in the relegation fight.

And 3 wins out of 3 and with 4 teams already in the relegation mix.....we’re NOT gonna get relegated.

I still think we might get Sarr or Benrahma at the end of the domestic window.....maybe even raid the Chumps for a back up LB and CB.

If not we always have the Jan window which is obviously sooner than normal.

It's not the end of the world not signing anyone else internationally.

Cash and Watkins come from the championship so there may still be some quality we could add.

Is the Scottish window still open after today?

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I would like a DM who can cover CB and LB  that type of versatility is so valuable.

I'd prefer a dm that can cover cb (or vice versa). But either would be welcome. I'm very happy with our business.  One more would make it perfect.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Just now, Pissflaps said:

Cash and Watkins come from the championship so there may still be some quality we could add.

I am not so doubtful of the championship as I first was, but I think they need to be athletic, like Ollie and Matty.

However, I think our business is done for now......I also think whoever comes in to this team from the seconds will have sufficient quality around them to lift them to a better standard....Jack couldn't do it on his own.....This team has something about it now, like a "band of brothers"

5 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Think Scotland's closes today mate, so no domestic extension for them. 

9 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’m a bit disappointed that we haven’t signed anyone on deadline day BUT, this season was always about not being in the relegation fight.

And 3 wins out of 3 and with 4 teams already in the relegation mix.....we’re NOT gonna get relegated.

I still think we might get Sarr or Benrahma at the end of the domestic window.....maybe even raid the Chumps for a back up LB and CB.

If not we always have the Jan window which is obviously sooner than normal.

I don't think we'll want anyone from SHA.

I don’t think anyone can fault who we did sign, just maybe a bit of regret about players we didn’t sign.

I’m with everyone on that but at last I trust the club in terms of who they sign and what price we sign players.

Just now, StewieGriffin said:

I'm delighted with the window, but I worry we'll regret not getting cover at centre back

The Jan window is closer than normal......we can always pick up a CB then. Nelsson or Axel I’d be happy with.