Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Other way round for me.  Our backup strikers simply do not score goals - whereas Hause and Engels as cover is "fine".  Ample depth is the striker position as Davis?  No thanks.

Engels isn't an option that's pretty clear. We have ONE cb in depth and that's Hause. 

Last match or so we had Elmo as the only CB option. And you think a striker is more critical? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

But we are not. Wesley, Davis and then you can talk about players that can play out of position so to speak like Trez, Traore, and even AEG I guess. And for what it's worth I really rate Davis.

I really like Davis too, but 'him and then nothing' is not sufficient depth in the position. El Ghazi proved he couldn't perform out of position there last season, and I doubt Trezeguet would be any better.

We need somebody we can bring on for Davis, if nothing else.

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Engels isn't an option that's pretty clear. We have ONE cb in depth and that's Hause. 

Last match or so we had Elmo as the only CB option. And you think a striker is more critical? 

Yes.

• Confused 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I really like Davis too, but 'him and then nothing' is not sufficient depth in the position. El Ghazi proved he couldn't perform out of position there last season, and I doubt Trezeguet would be any better.

We need somebody we can bring on for Davis, if nothing else.

Traore doesn’t seem bad upfront. Yesterday the way he got it with his head would’ve been a great goal. He played there before. I don’t think he’s bad upfront. Three of them until Wesley is back. Problem is to get someone as Samatta or someone who’s not even better than Davis, then again in January get someone else and shift him with loss.

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

Traore doesn’t seem bad upfront. Yesterday the way he got it with his head would’ve been a great goal. He played there before. I don’t think he’s bad upfront. Three of them until Wesley is back. Problem is to get someone as Samatta or someone who’s not even better than Davis, then again in January get someone else and shift him with loss.

'Not bad' is not the same as 'good enough'.

Your second point is true, but that's what the loan market is for.

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He doesn’t seem fit rather than not being an option. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

'Not bad' is not the same as 'good enough'.

Your second point is true, but that's what the loan market is for.

How can I say he’s good enough when I haven’t even seen a full match from him apart from Stoke. But from what we read is that he had good seasons there. From yesterday he seemed capable but I can’t conclude in anything. I’d prefer to get the quality elsewhere to be honest as it’s easier. I agree regarding the loan, but I won’t use a loan for a third choice, I’f probably gamble on a prospect there.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Would love Sarr, benrahma or buendia.

Two weeks, I'll think we will bring one more in from the championship 

Benrahma > Buendia > Sarr. In that order for me. Would be over the moon with Benrahma.

To steal @est1874's thunder from the Rashica thread,  and given it is more likely any other player in the world than Rashica, a private jet landed in Birmingham about 4pm, that set off from Venice.

If anyone can suggest a logical reason why such a fight would be happening if not a footballer i'd love to hear it...

Just now, MrBlack said:

To steal @est1874's thunder from the Rashica thread,  and given it is more likely any other player in the world than Rashica, a private jet landed in Birmingham about 4pm, that set off from Venice.

If anyone can suggest a logical reason why such a fight would be happening if not a footballer i'd love to hear it...

You think only football players travel by private jets?