Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Elmo over Fred is indeed a strange one. Yes Fred will generate some money as he's only 25 and we won't get anything for Elmo, but quality wise I think Fred is streets ahead of Elmo, just lacks his experience. 

On a separate note Fulham also look to be getting RLC. Not sure that's a great move for him, they're favourites to go down for a reason, and Southampton or Spam would have been better. Quite surprised Fulham are attracting the players they are to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Until Cash is out, God forbid. Then it makes no sense at all.

I think elmo is fine as back up for this year. I don't think guilbert is much better. He's faster but I think elmo is better on the ball and not much worse defensively. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I can. Guilbert is overrated. 

Guilbert can also bring some money in, elmo can't. 

Makes sense to move him on  

Hmmmmm.....tend to agree.

Not specifically about Villa... but this must be one of the quietest transfer deadline days in premier league history. 

And I quite like that Man United have struggled to get in any real signings of quality. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Elmo over Fred is indeed a strange one. Yes Fred will generate some money as he's only 25 and we won't get anything for Elmo, but quality wise I think Fred is streets ahead of Elmo, just lacks his experience. 

On a separate note Fulham also look to be getting RLC. Not sure that's a great move for him, they're favourites to go down for a reason, and Southampton or Spam would have been better. Quite surprised Fulham are attracting the players they are to be honest. 

I presume.... Elmo covers CB, is a senior voice in the dressing room, and Kaine Kessler takes the back up RB position from next season anyway.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Would be interesting. Looks like they are signing 3 CB's today so probably need a RB to balance things out.

Well they’ve already signed 2 right backs this window 

11 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I can't believe Elmo is preferred back up right back over Fred.

I think it could be more to do with Fred not being content with a backup role, and he's not good enough to displace Cash.

Elmo is probably more content to play the bit part role, especially at his stage of his career.

9 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Its probably from a commercial perspective, We probably sell more Trez and Elmo shirts in MENA than we do Grealish and Mings in the UK. 

Given NS fellow Country man I can see a 12 month extension on the cards. 

Edited by Kingman

1 minute ago, Tez500 said:

In the last few days there has been interest from various clubs from home and abroad. There have been talks since midday today, but we didn't want to sell the player under They were complex negotiations, in the end without an agreement. "

I'm not at all worried with Guilbert potentially leaving. It's about time this club became ruthless and it's clear to see that Cash is a huge upgrade.

If Cash misses games Elmo comes in and sit's in as a more defensive full back. Guilbert is a good player but he went missing too often last season bombing up the pitch and it cost us, we can't afford for that to happen again this season.

A loan would be a good move, it gives him a chance to better himself and prove himself ready for another chance at Villa. A sale would generate some income for us and allow us time to source a new right back after Elmo leaves or progress one through the youth.

We are being run as a proper football club again, it was only a few seasons ago where we played a whole back 4 of right backs after stockpiling players we didn't need.