Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Not a fan of all the Wilson talk in here. I think he’s very overrated. Contributed very little this season, and missed some big chances in their games towards the end of the season from what I saw. 

If we’re splashing out on an English striker it’s got to be Tammy. Younger, knows the club, and bagged 15 league goals last season, with a much higher ceiling. Plus if he comes in it increases the chances Grealish stays.  

I agree, injury prone too

• Like 1

Sarr from Watford might be ok. It was his first season in the PL and did alright despite their relegation, I think he has more to give as only 22/23 I think. If we can get him for a good price he’s probably an upgrade on Jota, or probably Trez too. 

Edited by alreadyexists

I agree with sarr - we need pace and he has bags of it. A forward is a must and although tammy is a good shout we need to be able to create chances as he's not the type of player to do that. So Benhrama possibly also. defender and midfielder also needed. Nathan Ake if the rumours of Man City aren't true. I like Max Aarons also and an upgrade on Guilbert who I'd keep in reserve. Pukki may not be a bad shout, but we also have wesley so need one more as I doubt we'd tempt Tammy especially with the wages he'll be on. I don't know who but there will be someone from some European league who will fit. Time for the scouts to step up. 

36 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Not a fan of all the Wilson talk in here. I think he’s very overrated. Contributed very little this season, and missed some big chances in their games towards the end of the season from what I saw. 

If we’re splashing out on an English striker it’s got to be Tammy. Younger, knows the club, and bagged 15 league goals last season, with a much higher ceiling. Plus if he comes in it increases the chances Grealish stays.  

15 goals in 34 games in his first PL season for a Chelsea side that will be competing in the CL side next year. Why would he leave? And if he did - why would he come here?

He will back himself to a challenge Werner next year. If it doesn't work out he will unfortunately likely move to anothe side that plays in Europe.

If he

I can’t see why Chelsea’s top scorer will want to trade Champions League football and a title race for a squad who narrowly avoided relegation on the last day. 

I presume it is from the same posters who thought he would come to us last season as well?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

The pick of the relegated teams:

Norwich: Buendia, Hernandez

Watford: Decoure, Sarr, Deleofeu if fit

Bournemouth: Billing, Brooks

I haven't been impressed with anyone else in those squads.

Add to those King. 

• Like 1

To all the Abraham naysayers, he isn’t signing a new deal there because he wants assurances about playing time according to reports, which looks unlikely to be forthcoming. So there is a chance he becomes available this summer. 

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

He is on around £60k

Oh really... interesting. I’d imagine some of the bigger clubs would want him (Spurs back up to Kane) but we could potentially offer him first team football rather than stuck on the bench somewhere else. Tammy could be in this position too with Chelsea signing Werner. 

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

To all the Abraham naysayers, he isn’t signing a new deal there because he wants assurances about playing time according to reports, which looks unlikely to be forthcoming. So there is a chance he becomes available this summer. 

Smoke screen.He wants parity with Hudson Odoi's ridiculous contract. 

He isnt just going to pie off his boyhood club and CL football inmediatepy on the basis they have bought strikers to challenge him. That's how football works.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Abraham's whole reputation so far is based on 2 good championship seasons with Bristol city and Villa. In the PL, he did nothing at Swansea and still hasn't really got a look in at Chelsea. He's a punt in this league as much as the next guy.

• Haha 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Smoke screen.He wants parity with Hudson Odoi's ridiculous contract. 

So he should. CHO has done nothing in comparison to Abraham. If Chelsea get a good offer I’m sure they’d be open to selling him. His history here would make us attractive to him. 

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Abraham's whole reputation so far is based on 2 good championship seasons with Bristol city and Villa. In the PL, he did nothing at Swansea and still hasn't really got a look in at Chelsea. He's a punt in this league as much as the next guy.

Apart from his 15 league goals last season you mean?

• Like 2

Just now, villan-scott said:

Apart from his 15 league goals last season you mean?

Why couldn't he get in the team though during the last few months. Benched and couldn't get a look in. That's odd.