Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

The point of looking at relegated teams is that they have players who we already know how they're going to perform in the PL, may be available for a cut price and the players themselves are likely to be keen on the move. You're not going to find another place where so many players fit all 3 of these criteria, so it makes sense to focus our efforts there. Yes they might not be the best quality but they're the best place to look for value signings.

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Smith has talked before about how late we did some of our business last year and it didn’t leave time for people to get settled (Luiz). Last year it was inevitable that would happen as we had so many to buy. This time I’d say we are looking at 7 max (and even then some would be for a long term project and not required to be thrown in the see end and play straight away). I’d expect most business to be done within the next 3 weeks.

He actually contributed that to our turn around after lockdown. Said he didn’t feel that the team was as fit as it could have been because of all the business we had to do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder how much 

Tammy & Albrighton would cost? Must be 20 goals between the 2 of them. Marc still lives in Birmingham btw.

I think Albrighton wouldnt cost so much, he has given Leicester good service and is not going to a direct rival. Tammy would probably cost 30-40 million

Jack - Tammy- Albrighton attack would create and score lots of goals

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

Don’t get the interest in Fraser or the injured Deulofeu. Fraser is a one season wonder and will demand the huge wages.

Dwight McNeil is the one I’d be pursuing as something doesn’t sound right financially at Burnley. Johnathan David 3rd time lucky from Belgium? samatta+€€€ swop would be ideal. Glen kamara in as DM and young David Turnbull for squad. Rashica know 0% about but consistently linked with and I like David Brooks I think out of all the relegated players. Caleta-Car/Kristoffer Ajer CB... and ??? 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Albrighton wouldnt cost so much, he has given Leicester good service and is not going to a direct rival. Tammy would probably cost 30-40 million

I'd get Lolley as well. Not as a definitive starter but i'd rather him come off the bench than El Ghazi or Trez

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I'd love Tammy to come back, and with Chelsea signing Werner I think he'll be on the move potentially. Sort of signing we should be making.

Not sold on the Albrighton move myself. Has a decent cross but doesn't score many goals and 30 now. Might be a cheapsh option for winger but I'd rather we spent a bit more on someone better, like Sarr or Rashica (or both). 

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Don’t get the interest in Fraser or the injured Deulofeu. Fraser is a one season wonder and will demand the huge wages.

Fraser let himself down with his attitude at Bournemouth this season. Massive red flag 

• Like 4

May have already been mentioned but I suggest taking a good look at that young fella from Norwich Todd cantwell he is going to be some player imo that said his teammate buendia is young and decent 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Fraser let himself down with his attitude at Bournemouth this season. Massive red flag 

He's a good player and available on a free if that outweighs the bad then he'd be a solid signing. However Patson Daka and Noah Okafor for a combined 20-25 million ( RB Salzburg players have notoriously low release clauses) I think those two tearing full backs new arseholes next season will be a delight.

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I'd love Tammy to come back, and with Chelsea signing Werner I think he'll be on the move potentially. Sort of signing we should be making.

Not sold on the Albrighton move myself. Has a decent cross but doesn't score many goals and 30 now. Might be a cheapsh option for winger but I'd rather we spent a bit more on someone better, like Sarr or Rashica (or both). 

Would love Mark back he would be cheap wouldn’t command huge wages and would be genuinely be happy to be back here

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Fraser is a clearing in the woods and he admitted he didnt even try at the start of the season. I wouldnt touch him, Cantwell is another I dont get the hype over

Brooks like you said would be a no brainer, maybe King as well but some of the other no chance

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I dont get looking at relegated players. They were relegated for a reason

So if we had been relegated it would be silly for say Brighton or Southampton to buy Mings or Grealish because they had played for a relegated club? 

It's the player you are buying, not the club. 

• Like 3

If Trezeguet is leaving the we will probably need two wingers for the first team and another back up, Marcus Edwards might be someone worth looking at. Left Spurs on a free transfer to play for Vitória S.C in Portugal, seven goals and nine assists for them in twenty-six appearances, also scored a couple in Europe as well, still only 21 and probably wouldn't cost a great deal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

I haven’t paid much attention to him, is he worth it? 
If we want a top class striker, is he really it?

Genuine question

Without knowing much about him I would be expecting a better striker but as I say I don’t know enough about him.

I really like him so it’s personal opinion. I just think he ticks a lot of the right boxes for us and would be a very good addition.

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

So if Villa got relegated then teams shouldn't look at Grealish?

There will be one or two gems in every relegated team IMO. 

Fair point. I take back my original comment, but then, i have had half a bottle of whiskey. Up the **** villa

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My (semi-realistic) hopes for players. I’d love Josh King from Bournemouth and Deulofeu from Watford. I’d go all out for Tammy, Benrahma at the right price as well. I’d like another CB to partner Mings, I like Konsa a lot but we need to be aiming higher atm. Let him compete for the position, I’m not sure on Engels future here and Hause is no challenge. I’d steer clear of Cantwell, has talent but looks a championship Grealish.

• Like 1