Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

We need to make sure we improve the starting 11 - probably with 3 or 4 very high quality signings, assuming no-one important leaves. 

Exact personnel depends on the starting system, definitely need at least 1 wide forward/winger; and a physical CM. Likely a CF, 2nd winger and/or a centre half. 

We also need to be careful who leaves - we can't leave the squad short of players as it seems its 5 subs from 9 again next year. For example, assuming Targett remains 1st choice LB, do we really want rid of Taylor for what, a couple of £m, and then spend a whole chunk of the budget for the new Habib Beye? Keep most of the squad together, a make sure the likes of Lansbury only makes the match day squad for cup games.

Finally - get the young guns out on loan having tied them into a contract. Jack had a season with Notts County, and came back ready. Lets not keep them here and stop their development for a couple of Carabao cup outings off the bench. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

Not going to be popular, but I’d look at one £40m striker and then..... Deeney too. Yes I know who he supports, but his hustle up top us what we miss.

The guys gone. Can't run anymore, and only going to get worse.

No problem with what you're suggesting in theory. He's just not physically capable now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Benrahma will cost us at least 40 million, if Brentford don't win the playoffs.  He was by far the best player in the Championship this season and they wouldn't let him go for 20 last summer...

£40m!? I don’t think even the massively overvalued Brentford players are worth that much. I think a £20m offer, if they don’t go up, would be more than enough

I think Tammy would be so good for us and do as much as I can to get him.  Might rely on us giving Jack a massive pay rise to stay at least another year.  I really like the new Mings and Konsa as starting centre halves, would like Tuanzebe on a loan to buy (won't be fit for 30+ games but versatile enough to be worth getting) or that Luyindama guy.  Benrahma I'd put in the Tammy camp as great for our level and ambition.  Then lots of pace elsewhere in the squad, especially as competition for the full backs.

• Like 1

Just now, Pez1974 said:

The guys gone. Can't run anymore, and only going to get worse.

No problem with what you're suggesting in theory. He's just not physically capable now.

Fair point. Although I think he’d be a good addition, his hustle is still there and he’d be better than Davis or Samatta as backup. 

2 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Not going to be popular, but I’d look at one £40m striker and then..... Deeney too. Yes I know who he supports, but his hustle up top us what we miss.

He's crap and shot to bits. Just look at his thread on the Watford forum,  plus he's a complete word removed and a nose.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Now is the time to show ambition and have balls when going after better calibre players and I don’t care where from. We need to be quick and decisive and I would guess we have two lists and can green light the nicer one of the two now safe. 

I do.

We need players to hit the ground running. Lots of high profile foreigners struggle their first season in this league. Like Wesley. We can't afford more of that. 

This is also why I'm keen on more quality English players, or foreign players that have a season experience under their belt. 

While he doesn't really fit either the high profile name or the arguement above, I'd consider a player like Billing from Bournemouth. I like him.

• Like 1

Excitement levels are high for our summer business now. We’ve heard talk of our ambition, now let’s see it in action. Be wary though, as £40m on a striker isn’t guaranteed to be top class. Look at Joelinton and Haller. 

Bring it on! UTV! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

So last summer weren’t we heavily linked to:

Leao 

Bellotti

SantaMaria

anyone else? Wonder if we’ll be back in for any of those 

I don't think we were linked to any of them...  I think some fans WANTED us to be in for them, so they made tweets.  

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

So last summer weren’t we heavily linked to:

Leao 

Bellotti

SantaMaria

anyone else? Wonder if we’ll be back in for any of those 

If we get those 3 I'd probably spontaneously combust from the excitement.

Just now, KMitch said:

I don't think we were linked to any of them...  I think some fans WANTED us to be in for them, so they made tweets.  

There were strong links with all 3 albeit in the press of their respective countries.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Excitement levels are high for our summer business now. We’ve heard talk of our ambition, now let’s see it in action. Be wary though, as £40m on a striker isn’t guaranteed to be top class. Look at Joelinton and Haller. 

Bring it on! UTV! 

That’s why all guns blazing for Tammy, he’s the guaranteed goods....yes extra money than others but less risk overall

18 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Totally respect your opinion mate, always do but if there is even a sniff of Abraham being unsettled at Chelsea I’d like to think that we’d be in with a shout? I know he’d be £50m + but he’s worth it. 

Let Chelsea sign also sign Benrahma, then cheekily ask about Hudson-Odoi on loan for a year. 

Take Eze or Cantwell, then a real front 3, with Grealish feeding them.

Perhaps a bit of a pipe dream, but not impossible. 

Abraham is unsettled at Chelsea though mate!

Hudson-Odei poor attitude and thnk's he's better than what he s.

Eze & Cantwell.... I've suggested both on here in past before this season. Yes, to both from me.

Edited by Villan4Life

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Nah to be fair there were multiple sources reporting those.

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Abraham is unsettled at Chelsea though mate!

Presume you meant to say “not”? I know it’s a long shot but would love to see him back leading the line.  

Mitrovic or Grant? Or you think we can do better? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I couldnt care less who he supports but he is a dressing room poison, we have had enough of them in recent times

• Like 1

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Presume you meant to say “not”? I know it’s a long shot but would love to see him back leading the line.  

Mitrovic or Grant? Or you think we can do better? 

Yeah my bad typing too fast. Not unsettled :)

Mitrovic but i rate Grant a lot. Got lot potential and someone that can improve over time

• Like 1