Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

38 minutes ago, Wes said:

Not seen many names of players outside the Premier League or Championship mentioned.

I think it's a bit unrealistic to think that we're not going to look at the continent to strengthen for at least some of our signings. Although after the lessons learnt this year, hopefully they're more mindful to take an approach that blends the experience of playing in England and the "supposed" value in the market available from elsewhere in Europe.

There's no problem with buying from the continent. The problem is that last summer we signed very poorly from the continent. I hope this doesn't put us off, and we don't start only signing average British "proven Prem" players again.

Some CB targets since we shouldn't forget we did just allow 67 goals 😂

Big Money Starter Types

Boubacar Kamara - Olympique Marseille
Jules Kounde - Sevilla
Nikola Milenkovic - Fiorentina

Not Too Expensive, Could Start, Could Be Depth

Marin Pongracic - Wolfsburg
Robin Le Normand - Real Sociedad
Stefan Posch - Hoffenheim
Axel Disasi - Reims
Perr Schuurs - Ajax

Of the big money types, I think Nikola Milenkovic is somebody you could get for around £25 million now and be able to sell him for £50 million in a few years. He's an excellent defender, but he's also a much better threat on set pieces and corners than anybody we have by a mile. 

16 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Think our defensive problems strangely start up front. We don't keep the ball the best. We haven't pressed as well as we could have until restart so I think with better forwards and a years more experience our defence should be better. I think a new keeper (again) might be needed.

If we have any ambitions of keeping Jack and pushing well up the table, I think we need a far better defence than the one on show this season

By staying up and having a season under their belts our squad doesn't need as much experienced buys as we could have needed last season.

We took a gamble and it's paid off in so far that we've stayed up and the players have premier League experience now. Novices compared to the guys that have played 200 games plus , but I believe our players will be better next season.

Jesus if i see another post saying sign Benteke,or" sign this other guy he is great on fifa" i will go mental

We cannot afford to sign any duds..we need to strengthen in some areas which is obvious to most

Im hoping we have learned a lesson from last summers signing fest that was done on the cheap..some worked,most did not.

Proven players in all positions are hard to find..they are out there but cost a premium....we need to splash the cash if we want to finish higher than last season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

If we have any ambitions of keeping Jack and pushing well up the table, I think we need a far better defence than the one on show this season

I think our defenders will be better next season thanks to the experience of playing in the league and the character they've shown in staying up. Our defensive problems imo start further up the field. If we can get Baptiste SantaMaria or Doucoure to play alongside Luiz ,Grealish can have a free role with two DM's in front of the defence.

• Like 1

With these Guimaraes rumours I can actually see us going for Marcus Edwards. Ex Spurs and he's had a good year in his first season in Portugal. Wide attacker who scored 7. He also scored v Arsenal and Frankfurt in the europa.

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Where's Ryan Fraser going? I'd give him a call straight away.

Not sure. Would want £100k / week and his attitude is questionable. Apparently decided not to play the last games of the season because he didn't want to get injured before his contract ran out.

14 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Some CB targets since we shouldn't forget we did just allow 67 goals 😂

Big Money Starter Types

Boubacar Kamara - Olympique Marseille
Jules Kounde - Sevilla
Nikola Milenkovic - Fiorentina

Not Too Expensive, Could Start, Could Be Depth

Marin Pongracic - Wolfsburg
Robin Le Normand - Real Sociedad
Stefan Posch - Hoffenheim
Axel Disasi - Reims
Perr Schuurs - Ajax

Of the big money types, I think Nikola Milenkovic is somebody you could get for around £25 million now and be able to sell him for £50 million in a few years. He's an excellent defender, but he's also a much better threat on set pieces and corners than anybody we have by a mile. 

Milenkovic was linked to Man. United when Mourinho was there but they've moved on now. Scored tonight v Roma so yes that would be a good signing given his experience in Serie A.

I'd also look at Rony Lopes from Sevilla. Caught my eye at Monaco but went to Sevilla and has hardly played this year so they'd probably loan him out for a season. Was at Man. City for two years as a youth player so wouldn't have an issue settling here either.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Jesus if i see another post saying sign Benteke,or" sign this other guy he is great on fifa" i will go mental

We cannot afford to sign any duds..we need to strengthen in some areas which is obvious to most

Im hoping we have learned a lesson from last summers signing fest that was done on the cheap..some worked,most did not.

Proven players in all positions are hard to find..they are out there but cost a premium....we need to splash the cash if we want to finish higher than last season. 

No rational person has ever seriously suggested on here that we sign somebody based on how good they are on fifa. Thankfully I’m sure the current management won’t be doing it either 😉

19 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Think our defensive problems strangely start up front. We don't keep the ball the best. We haven't pressed as well as we could have until restart so I think with better forwards and a years more experience our defence should be better. I think a new keeper (again) might be needed.

100% this...  Just watch today's game from West Ham's point of view...  Look how quickly they move the ball up the field whenever they won possession back from us.  There was always someone moving into space immediately after the ball was won and giving the ball carrier several options to play a one touch pass into.  We used to play like that in the Championship, but have been more willing to sit back and soak up pressure this season.  Having forwards/wingers who can do that will allow us to play on the front foot much more next season.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

No rational person has ever seriously suggested on here that we sign somebody based on how good they are on fifa. Thankfully I’m sure the current management won’t be doing it either 😉

Pretty sure he addressed that post to Jesus so hopefully he'll take heed of his advice. 😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

With these Guimaraes rumours I can actually see us going for Marcus Edwards. Ex Spurs and he's had a good year in his first season in Portugal. Wide attacker who scored 7. He also scored v Arsenal and Frankfurt in the europa.

I like their right back I can't remember his name though. He's sooooooo fast makes Kyle walker look slow.

Edit : Falaye Sacko that's his name. Thank you sky sports team looker up app.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

100% this...  Just watch today's game from West Ham's point of view...  Look how quickly they move the ball up the field whenever they won possession back from us.  There was always someone moving into space immediately after the ball was won and giving the ball carrier several options to play a one touch pass into.  We used to play like that in the Championship, but have been more willing to sit back and soak up pressure this season.  Having forwards/wingers who can do that will allow us to play on the front foot much more next season.  

Last season Tuanzebe carried the ball forward. His form at the end of last season shouldn’t be forgotten. It helped in keeping Jack from dropping too deep and got us further up the pitch. Konsa and Engels aren’t the same.

29 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Divock Origi anyone?

I think there are better options out there, plus i doubt he'd leave liverpool

18 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Where's Ryan Fraser going? I'd give him a call straight away.

No Way Randy GIF by Zack Kantor

Absolutely not for me. Looking for far too much salary than what I would give. Also just don't think he's that good as well

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Milenkovic was linked to Man. United when Mourinho was there but they've moved on now. Scored tonight v Roma so yes that would be a good signing given his experience in Serie A.

I'd also look at Rony Lopes from Sevilla. Caught my eye at Monaco but went to Sevilla and has hardly played this year so they'd probably loan him out for a season. Was at Man. City for two years as a youth player so wouldn't have an issue settling here either.

Yes, every time I watch Fiorentina it's hard to not see Milenkovic. He stands out for all the right reasons too, not the other reasons CBs sometimes stand out. 😉

I haven't seen much of Lopes, so can't speak to him.

Just read there's a legal case coming up between Leipzig and Leeds. Apparently the striker we were linked to called Augustin something went to Leeds on loan. Part of the agreement was that Leeds had to shell out £ 21 million if promoted. Only problem is that he's played 3-4 matches and either been shite or injured. 

Should be interesting to follow.