Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Will Hughes to bulk the midfield? Ramsdale seems decent in goal too. 

Eze, Benramha, Sarr, Belotti...

Imagine a midfield of Jack, Dougie and McGinn feeding 3 quailty forwards

I'd f**king love Belotti! 🥺

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes but buying a quality winger to replace him and having him as backup is surely more sensible than selling him and buying 2 wingers?

Yes. Makes sense. I just hope we spend on a lot of.money on 3 or 4 players. 1 striker , 2 wingers and a strong box to box midfielder.

• Like 2

From the relegated teams I'd take Sarr, Deulofeu, Callum Wilson, Ake, Brooks, Ramsdale and possibly King. Ryan Fraser left Bournemouth but is available on a free, would certainly be worth looking at. 

For me we need a striker who scores goals, two wingers, and a CM. I also think we could do with upgrading RB and LB, for me Guilbert and Targett are ok going forward but pretty weak defensively and there should be better options out there. I like the look of Konsa and Mings at CB, they look like they've formed a very solid partnership.

If our signings can go to the next level I'm hopeful Jack will still stay. Pretty essential we keep Doug Luiz too who's been amazing last few weeks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skell said:

Yes. Makes sense. I just hope we spend on a lot of.money on 3 or 4 players. 1 striker , 2 wingers and a strong box to box midfielder.

Marc Albrighton for one of the wingers would be nice.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

We need a whole new strike force. Amazed we have stayed up with no competent strikers. 

I agree to an extent but to stay in the premiership our strikers were never going to get many chances. 

Might be too old (he's 27) considering the philosophy of what this club has said it's looking for, but I'd be quite pleased if we made a big splash and got Alassane Plea from Monchengladbach. Had 10 goals and 10 assists in 27 appearances. 0.42 xG per 90. Very creative player, for himself and others.

Also would take a look at Arthur Cabral at Basel. He's 22 and would likely be in the £5 million range. Like his potential.

Edited by VillaHatesMe
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I dont get looking at relegated players. They were relegated for a reason

I don't get that mentality.

Those suggesting players from relegated teams are suggesting the standouts, the players that wouldn't be relegated right now if the rest of the team weren't shit. 

Would you find it weird if Man City signed Grealish if we'd gotten relegated today? Grealish doesn't lose his skill and ability just because he wasn't good enough to drag the whole team up to his level. 

Smith said he was meeting with Purslow tomorrow morning and they have a plan for if we got relegated and one for staying in premiership.

There is 6weeks to start of new season.  I think we will do alot of business in the next 14 days.

Just now, HeyAnty said:

I think we will do alot of business in the next 14 days.

I love the forum during frenzied transfer activity!

• Like 4

We need competition at left back, get rid of Taylor. Two new starting wide players, a creative central midfielder, a box to box midfielder, a starting striker and another centre half as back up. 

Think we’ll see Hogan, Lansbury, Taylor, Nyland, Kalanic and Jota leave. Wouldn’t be fussed if Hause goes too. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Marc Albrighton for one of the wingers would be nice.

Now that we are staying in the prem, yes I think it would be a smart move to bring him home.

I would bring in 2 new wingers and a striker as priority starters, rest of the team is ok but could do with some competition and a better squad over all

(My first post in this thread, didn't see the point of this until we knew which division we were in)

Smith has talked before about how late we did some of our business last year and it didn’t leave time for people to get settled (Luiz). Last year it was inevitable that would happen as we had so many to buy. This time I’d say we are looking at 7 max (and even then some would be for a long term project and not required to be thrown in the see end and play straight away). I’d expect most business to be done within the next 3 weeks.

Edited by mikeyp102