Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

I love the forum during frenzied transfer activity!

Yep, time to get onto Newsnow to catch up with all the fabricated rumours which will suddenly become gospel on here. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

My (semi-realistic) hopes for players. I’d love Josh King from Bournemouth and Deulofeu from Watford. I’d go all out for Tammy, Benrahma at the right price as well. I’d like another CB to partner Mings, I like Konsa a lot but we need to be aiming higher atm. Let him compete for the position, I’m not sure on Engels future here and Hause is no challenge. I’d steer clear of Cantwell, has talent but looks a championship Grealish.

All about opinion mate ....but I think the lad cantwell is gonna be quality 

Edited by dpt666
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Doucoure is my second choice behind Baptiste SantaMaria if we can't get him.

Watford fans saying he was a disgrace this season along with Deeney. From afar he looks good but seems to have a questionable attitude

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dpt666 said:

All about opinion mate ....but I think the lad cantwell is gonna be quality 

I’m definitely not claiming to be right, he could definitely make it, like I said he has talent. Strikes me of Davis at Everton though, lots of talent and hype, has been compared to Jack in the past, very average player in the end. As you say though, it’s all about opinions.

Just now, jim said:

Callum Wilson would be a good signing but he may be looking at bigger clubs.

As someone posted a few pages ago, it’s got Spurs or West Ham all over it, he’s on big money too.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Cantwell is absolute garbage.

I think he’s one of those players who’ll stay at championship level. Always being one of those players signed by teams close to promotion, always sold when these teams are actually promoted.

Not seen many names of players outside the Premier League or Championship mentioned.

I think it's a bit unrealistic to think that we're not going to look at the continent to strengthen for at least some of our signings. Although after the lessons learnt this year, hopefully they're more mindful to take an approach that blends the experience of playing in England and the "supposed" value in the market available from elsewhere in Europe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Not going to be popular, but I’d look at one £40m striker and then..... Deeney too. Yes I know who he supports, but his hustle up top us what we miss.

Deeney might've been worth looking at a few years ago but aside from what he thinks of us his mobility has declined a lot this season and he only seems to score from penalties now (and we really don't get many of them). I'd actually rather look at Welbeck (as a squad striker) or Dwight Gayle. Sign one of them and send Davis out on loan.

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Scored only 2 more goals than Wesley this season.... That's not good enough for Aston Villa Football club 

Can people stop suggesting relegated players. they was relegated for a reason

I think he's overrated. We can do better. RB Salzburg have so many good players to choose from with small release clauses. Patson Daka is someone Villain4life has recommended. I say we do a double deal and get Noah Okafor too.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Scored only 2 more goals than Wesley this season.... That's not good enough for Aston Villa Football club 

Can people stop suggesting relegated players. they was relegated for a reason

Yes because they play for poor sides, doesn’t make them poor players. Had we gone down would McGinn or Jack be poor players? Sorry but that is daft logic.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

We need a whole new strike force. Amazed we have stayed up with no competent strikers. 

Our strikers scored in the grand total of 5 league games all season, incredible we actually outscored Bournemouth and Watford when you think about it.

• Like 3