Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Yes because they play for poor sides, doesn’t make them poor players. Had we gone down would McGinn or Jack be poor players? Sorry but that is daft logic.

8 Premier League goals is acceptable for a striker on 100k+ a week? 

I mean If Wesley didn't get injured i have no doubts he would of got at least 10. Trezeguet got 6 goals also . 8 is poor for a striker people want to lead the line for Villa on big wages 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Now we're talking. They wouldn't even cost that much or be that unobtainable imo.

Djene from Getafe who's a CB is another I'd look at.

yeah as @messi11 said, Leeds were linked with David. Still think he would be a great target

As I’ve mentioned earlier, 

Benrahma, Eze, Swift. I don’t think they’d cost more than 55m. Add to them a good striker and I think we’re good to go. 
Could do with one or two clever loans/free too.

From the relegated teams, I’d have a look at Deloufou and Doucoure. Possibly Billing and King. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don’t watch Bundesliga much, but whenever I’ve seen Poulsen at Leipzig he’s looked good. Would suit our formation as well. Anyone who watches Bundesliga think he make the grade in prem? Would he be attainable?

He's reasonably good, but far from prolific (barring last season). Bit of a Keinan Davis who does occasionally score. Would cost a good chunk too.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Smith has talked before about how late we did some of our business last year and it didn’t leave time for people to get settled (Luiz). Last year it was inevitable that would happen as we had so many to buy. This time I’d say we are looking at 7 max (and even then some would be for a long term project and not required to be thrown in the see end and play straight away). I’d expect most business to be done within the next 3 weeks.

From memory we actually signed most of them in July. Can remember getting Wesley in early June (Jota also came in around then). Luiz problem is the work permit didn't come through until August so he was training and waiting in Brazil. We've had plenty of transfer windows where we've done business much later.

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Josh king is the better of the 2 by a mile. His Injuries this season relegated them. 

Or the assault on Wesley made the second half the season harder for us. I think we can do better than Josh King too.

I think Odsonne Edouard has an higher ceiling than any of the strikers and relegated asbeens mentioned on this thread. Period 

Lets sign Odsonne Edouard

• Like 1

Just now, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

He's reasonably good, but far from prolific (barring last season). Bit of a Keinan Davis who does occasionally score. Would cost a good chunk too.

Poulsen's not too bad. Scores about 10 a season. What would be good is having a striker who can play as number 9 and also out wide. Samatta was supposed to be that but looks a total lost cause now e.g expecting him to score more thna two goals next season.

Would look at Emil Forsberg aswell. Dosen't seem as influential at Leipzig nowadays but been a good player for them in last five years and vast international experience for Sweden.

Probably the sort Everton will sign for 50m though.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

From memory we actually signed most of them in July. Can remember getting Wesley in early June (Jota also came in around then). Luiz problem is the work permit didn't come through until August so he was training and waiting in Brazil. We've had plenty of transfer windows where we've done business much later.

Trez, Wesley, nakamba and Luiz all joined late because of either work permits or just late signings. He will want at least a month and a half working with the players. 

I’d have Welbeck as back up to Wes and a top, top striker. Presuming his injuries are behind him. 

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Or the assault on Wesley made the second half the season harder for us. I think we can do better than Josh King too.

I know we've got absolutely no chance, but since you posted about Cavani I can't stop thinking about getting him in for a couple of years! 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

8 Premier League goals is acceptable for a striker on 100k+ a week? 

I mean If Wesley didn't get injured i have no doubts he would of got at least 10. Trezeguet got 6 goals also . 8 is poor for a striker people want to lead the line for Villa on big wages 

You actually think Wilson is on £100k a week at Bournemouth? Behave. Not that that is particularly relevant, he would be a good signing for Villa in my opinion, if you don’t agree that’s fine.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Josh king scored 12  goals last season. He is really the ideal striker for us. He can play out wide or down the middle is fast and is skillful and can create for himself or for others. He would be a brilliant signing in my mind. Wilson on the other hand would not. He got 6 goals and 4 assists this year in 26 appearance but I don't think he was full fit for most of it. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Poulsen's not too bad. Scores about 10 a season. What would be good is having a striker who can play as number 9 and also out wide. Samatta was supposed to be that but looks a total lost cause now e.g expecting him to score more thna two goals next season.

Would look at Emil Forsberg aswell. Dosen't seem as influential at Leipzig nowadays but been a good player for them in last five years and vast international experience for Sweden.

Probably the sort Everton will sign for 50m though.

Forsberg was brilliant a few years back. Not quite athletic enough to be a midfielder for Nagelsmann, but still a very good player. Rather than Poulsen, I'd love to sign someone like his ex-teammate Matheus Cunha (also played underage with Douglas Luiz for Brazil). He's a fantastic forward in the making. 

Edited by Mat Kendrick's Dentist

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Trez, Wesley, nakamba and Luiz all joined late because of either work permits or just late signings. He will want at least a month and a half working with the players. 

The season kicks off on September 12th, so we'll be lucky to get that long.

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

I know we've got absolutely no chance, but since you posted about Cavani I can't stop thinking about getting him in for a couple of years! 😂

Wanna know a truth? He was offered to us when we got Heskey. Falcao too. It's been downhill ever since! Won't somebody treat us to Cavani in a Villa shirt!