Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No idea - just think we will have the funds.

Personally I think we need wide forward, number 8, RCB and LB. Don’t think we will get all four but would be happy with two.

I agree with that.

31 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Not looking likely he'll sign, but I think that's the most urgent place for us to get quality, especially if they can play in the middle, that way we have lots of cover all across the front 3 and backup with AEG and Trez. Also means Jack can play behind the front 3 which means we only need to sign cover for McGinn/Luiz to give us a much better midfield and depth to the midfield. Than as @TrentVilla says, a LB so we don't need to rely on Taylor and cover at centre back if Engels is never going to play again for us.

Well it would be great if he does sign and as you say him or a similar type of player would be very welcome. 

We look like we’ll set up to involve the full backs in our attacking play and so I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see someone like Rico Henry come in  

I think we’re still going to be pretty active and would suggest the reason we haven’t seen many departures is we don’t want to weaken our negotiation stance with regard to potential incomings. 

45 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No idea - just think we will have the funds.

Personally I think we need wide forward, number 8, RCB and LB. Don’t think we will get all four but would be happy with two.

Completely agree with the 4 positions we need. Barkley looks the number 8. 

I think LB is probably least priority, as much as we DONT want Taylor to play, he did ok everytime called upon last year. The other 3 areas are of far more pressing concern. 

I'd expect us to loan a RCB, Konsa and Mings is clear first choice so think we will cover the area with a loan this year and then buy a younger prospect next summer when funds are free again.

Which leaves the wide forward, rashica or not, I think that's where the money will go for the final purchase.

I see lots of people putting their starting XI in on here and I think, there needs to be rotation and horses for courses in terms of selection. These players coming in give us options, options we didn't have last year. We saw Deano not use the bench against sheff utd, put 3/4 of the starting line up on the bench and I'd expect him to use that bench.

It's all about our development and we are heading in the right direction.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Was looking at Barkley's stats and it's surprised how much he's actually played and scored for England for last two years.

Given the increased competition he'd certainly be coming motivated to try to force his way into the euros squad.

Just because a couple of people on social media and Villa talk say he shite and has attitude problems(Usually just a generic cadence whilst not really actually knowing much about the player) doesn't mean it's true.

As myself, personally don't know much about him, aside from that he was VERY highly rated, and when I saw him come on for Chelsea this season he changed the game.

Better than anything we currently have in CM IMO.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Completely agree with the 4 positions we need. Barkley looks the number 8. 

I think LB is probably least priority, as much as we DONT want Taylor to play, he did ok everytime called upon last year. The other 3 areas are of far more pressing concern. 

I'd expect us to loan a RCB, Konsa and Mings is clear first choice so think we will cover the area with a loan this year and then buy a younger prospect next summer when funds are free again.

Which leaves the wide forward, rashica or not, I think that's where the money will go for the final purchase.

I see lots of people putting their starting XI in on here and I think, there needs to be rotation and horses for courses in terms of selection. These players coming in give us options, options we didn't have last year. We saw Deano not use the bench against sheff utd, put 3/4 of the starting line up on the bench and I'd expect him to use that bench.

It's all about our development and we are heading in the right direction.

spot on.

We couldn't could we?

--------------------------Watkins-----------------------------
Grealish-------------------------------------------Rashica
---------------Barkley--------Loftus-Cheek------------
----------------------------Luiz----------------------------------

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We couldn't could we?

Too light at the back, defence is almost Brucelike. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We couldn't could we?

Not unless we buy one of the lads from Chelsea as we can’t loan them both.

• Like 2