Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

The £100 million was a (likely) bullshit guess by the Sunday Mirror. It affects my composure a lot when I see people quoting it.

But based on our turnover and general FFP rules, it seemed a realistic round number guess. 

It still might end up close to that ie: £100-120m. 

Just now, ender4 said:

But based on our turnover and general FFP rules, it seemed a realistic round number guess. 

It still might end up close to that ie: £100-120m. 

I mean, I could have guessed that number. I'll likely be close by the end of the window, or I won't be. I don't have a clue though. Just like the Sunday Mirror.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

nixon saying on twitter that the rhian brewster deal is still alive. down to us or palace apparently.

I'd rather we bought an experienced player, as opposed to these "highly rated" kids. 

Thoughts on RB.....  At first view you may assume Elmo would be the one to make way for Cash coming in.  Think this is a long term decision...  Get money for Guilbert, let Elmo run down his contract this year, next year Kaine Kesler is back up to Cash.

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I doubt we'd be able to do both anyway. A midfield three of Barkley, McGinn and Luiz would be fantastic. The thought of Grealish linking up with Barkley is mouth watering - he's a player I've always rated having watched him a few times in an England shirt. 
Comfortable with the ball and can dribble past/through teams. 

Here's hoping whatever you've heard comes to fruition and we get our man!

I agree, he also has a decent physical presence which I think we need and which Hourihane lacks.

• Like 1

Just watched Sarr’s highlight reel.

i don’t get the fascination. Not lightening quick, not a brilliant finisher, not crossing the ball particularly well. 

similar stats to the wingers we have already.

I might be missing something, and would be happy to be proved wrong..

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I'd rather we bought an experienced player, as opposed to these "highly rated" kids. 

Brewster went on loan to Swansea last January and scored 10 in 20 Championship games last season.  He's only 20 years old and is the real deal.  I'd much rather prefer Brewster to Davis on the bench.  

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

i don’t get the fascination. Not lightening quick, not a brilliant finisher, not crossing the ball particularly well. 

My thoughts exactly...  I don't get the hype either, but would love to be proved wrong.  Rashica would be better for the money, IMO, but who knows what's holding that deal up.  I think WdB may be holding out until the last week of the window to see if anyone else interested in him gets desperate enough to pay more than what we've offered.  

7 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Sarr, Barkley and Brewster would be an excellent end to the window.  I'd be well happy with our business.

Rashica, Barkley and Brewster would be the dream, IMO...  I still don't see us being in for Sarr.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thug said:

Completely agree. Admittedly didn’t watch too many of Watford’s matches but going off the top highlight video on YouTube and if I knew nothing about him I’d say he was worth no more than £5-£10 million. 

11 minutes ago, Thug said:

I think exactly the same. Absolutely no idea why people rate him.