Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Not unless we buy one of the lads from Chelsea as we can’t loan them both.

That was my thinking. I'm wondering if we could perhaps buy one for say, 25m and loan the other with an option to buy. It would give us incredible strength in the middle of the park. I'd happily sign both and keep Grealish on the left if the deal could be done. 
Would be an incredible statement of intent from the owners and both players are arguably yet to hit their peak. 

I'm assuming you've heard something. Either way, I think Barkley would be fantastic. A really slick player. 

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That was my thinking. I'm wondering if we could perhaps buy one for say, 25m and loan the other with an option to buy. It would give us incredible strength in the middle of the park. I'd happily sign both and keep Grealish on the left if the deal could be done. 
Would be an incredible statement of intent from the owners and both players are arguably yet to hit their peak. 

I'm assuming you've heard something. Either way, I think Barkley would be fantastic. A really slick player. 

I’m not convinced by the Loftus-Cheek link personally.

• Like 1

I don't really know how Skybet works tbh. What I do know looking at the site though is that I can't find any other player who is so odds on to join a club.
Seems bizarre. I think he'd cost at least 30m and whilst it would be a terrific signing, I just can't see it myself.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I’m not convinced by the Loftus-Cheek link personally.

I doubt we'd be able to do both anyway. A midfield three of Barkley, McGinn and Luiz would be fantastic. The thought of Grealish linking up with Barkley is mouth watering - he's a player I've always rated having watched him a few times in an England shirt. 
Comfortable with the ball and can dribble past/through teams. 

Here's hoping whatever you've heard comes to fruition and we get our man!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

2020-09-24 16_01_36-Transfer Window Specials_ To sign for before 6th October betting _ Football _ Be.png

All that says to me is someone has put a wedge on him to join us so they've dropped the odds. Is this person ITK, or just a loon? Could be either.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don't really know how Skybet works tbh. What I do know looking at the site though is that I can't find any other player who is so odds on to join a club.
Seems bizarre. I think he'd cost at least 30m and whilst it would be a terrific signing, I just can't see it myself.

You don’t need to wager to much to move the odds but for it to become odds on so quickly somebody knows something. Maybe we’ve made a bid?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

And take our spending to the 100m mark which was mooted at the start of the window. 

We're at £84m already (30+20+18+16 roughly).

Plus Rashica £22m makes £106m.     If we bought Barkley it would take it closer to £140m.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I imagine we'd loan Barkley with an option to buy perhaps. Not sure. 

Yes probably.  But as FFP is combined with next season, it would make no difference to buy him now or next summer for FFP purposes.