Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

....and was the reason we almost went straight back down!

Loans are fine as long as they contain a set fee buying clause, otherwise you can keep em!

We are not trying to get promoted now, and our aims are higher than staying up, for the next step we need to build. You cant do that when your best players can move on the whim of another club.

Yes but bringing in a few high quality loans could push us up to become a mid table side and not looking like relegation fodder. That in turn will make the club more appealing for better players to move to us in the future.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 4

Newcastle are linked with Arkadiusz Milik, so there striking options will be better than ours. We really need another striker, even on loan.

In terms of CB's, which I also think we need, I can't believe West Ham are spending £33m (inc. add-ons) for Fofana. Very untested at the top level. Might be a coup, but a big risk for them.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Newcastle are linked with Arkadiusz Milik, so there striking options will be better than ours. We really need another striker, even on loan.

In terms of CB's, which I also think we need, I can't believe West Ham are spending £33m (inc. add-ons) for Fofana. Very untested at the top level. Might be a coup, but a big risk for them.

Linked with Spurs for weeks. No way Newcastle are getting him

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

We aren’t in the same league though just the same division. We aren’t remotely close to being rivals to them and he can’t play against them so why would they care? In fact he can play against their actual rivals so it has potentially to help them.

I’m not saying it wouldn’t be a good move if we were to bring him in, I’m just sceptical when it comes to loans in the same division. 

Who would he start instead of? Presumably Hourihane? 

Edited by Tayls

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Most media saying he is going to Spurs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’m not saying it wouldn’t a good move if we were to bring him in, I’m just sceptical when it comes to loans in the same division. 

Yeah it would be Hourihane you would think, I thought he was terrible on Monday personally.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’m not saying it wouldn’t a good move if we were to bring him in, I’m just sceptical when it comes to loans in the same division. 

I would absolutely have Barkley in the starting 11 over Hourihane. It then allows us to have a decent CM on the bench other than potentially having to bring in Lansbury.

It'd be great if Ramsey gets some game time this season, but we can't rely on him hitting the ground running in the PL.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

He was alright in the Six Nations

• Like 1

I think people are a bit obsessed with the loan system as being some foolproof path to success.

Loaning out players can often be as detrimental as it can be positive, it doesn’t guarantee anything and there’s more value in keeping them in and around the club sometimes rather than sending them out to some backwater town in humberside.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

They had a bid rejected for him.

• Like 1

A loan of a better player than we have and better than is available for what we can afford/attract makes complete sense.  Obv options to buy is preferable, but even without that having one player who can help move us up the league to the the point we aren't seen as relegation fodder + have more to spend in terms of ffp and wages is win/win.  It's only when you have 3 or 4 that it becomes an issue when you have to have a complete rebuild of the core of the team.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Yeah it would be Hourihane you would think, I thought he was terrible on Monday personally.

He wasn’t good at all and his total dependence on his left foot is a constant hindrance to his ability to move the ball on with any fluidity. He only needs his right leg to stop him from falling over. 

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He wasn’t good at all and his total dependence on his left foot is a constant hindrance to his ability to move the ball on with any fluidity. He only needs his right leg to stop him from falling over. 

Plus offers absolutely nothing when we haven't got the ball, I also don't think his set piece delivery is half as good as a lot of people seem to think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Interesting he posted we were looking at M'Baye Niang a day or so back. He looks like someone who could provide competition on CF and LW. If Barkley is coming in I guess the intention is to keep Jack out wide. Maybe Niang gives us another option there and also provides backup to Watkins. Perhaps dare I say it...Rashica isnt going to happen after all.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

We aren’t in the same league though just the same division. We aren’t remotely close to being rivals to them and he can’t play against them so why would they care? In fact he can play against their actual rivals so it has potentially to help them.

I sometimes think fans forget how far behind we are from a club like Chelsea. Barkley is a top player whether it be a loan or not. He is the kind of player that Jack needs to be playing alongside.

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Interesting he posted we were looking at M'Baye Niang a day or so back. He looks like someone who could provide competition on CF and LW. If Barkley is coming in I guess the intention is to keep Jack out wide. Maybe Niang gives us another option there and also provides backup to Watkins. Perhaps dare I say it...Rashica isnt going to happen after all.

Pass me the soap, open wide.