Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

14 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

sky just said having spent 85 million we only want loans know so much for another striker

They also said we wouldn't spend £20 million on a goalkeeper and seemed to think it was nailed on Grealish was leaving, so I wouldn't pay any attention to what they say. They may be right, but if they are it's only guesswork and speculation, they have no actual insight in to our club or how it's run.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

I must have transfer window induced dyslexia but based on these acronyms I keep on thinking that people are suggesting signing Nigel Reo Coker!

*And yes I know that RLC is technically an initialism rather than an acronym but it seemed odd to use that word

spacer.png

• Like 1

Isn’t it strange how often when players are suggested on here (and occasionally even by random ppl on Twitter), within a few days we are linked to them in the press? And even sometimes attempting to sign them.

Loftus Cheek has been mentioned for weeks & many of us have suggested Chelsea’s surplus players. Many examples before then too...

10 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Don't understand the anti-loan sentiment by most.  Loans are to plug gaps for the short-term. CM is clearly a weakness and if we have not found a player we can purchase at the right price, then we definitely should be loaning someone.  It also allows us to spend money on other areas.

I am not opposed to loans in the short term....provided :

• not too many, no more than 2
  • must have option to buy

I understand the reluctance to develop other clubs players, but sometimes it works for both parties and gives us time to scout more dilligently and accurately.

Our academy kids are some way away from the first team so shouldn't inhibit their progress, either.

I think we should look prudently at this method as an alternative to being fleeced by avaricious clubs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes but bringing in a few high quality loans could push us up to become a mid table side and not looking like relegation fodder. That in turn will make the club more appealing for better players to move to us in the future.

Agree there.

Some people forget that even the top five clubs bench or beyond players are much better than most players in the bottom half of the table except the odd few.

We would be wise to take advantage of snagging some up anyway possible.

Look at Martinez, that says it all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Isn’t it strange how often when players are suggested on here (and occasionally even by random ppl on Twitter), within a few days we are linked to them in the press? And even sometimes attempting to sign them.

Loftus Cheek has been mentioned for weeks & many of us have suggested Chelsea’s surplus players. Many examples before then too...

Are you suggesting, we have spies??

security watching GIF

We need competition or better than Targett for LB... Henry has been linked but he’s quite small and we could do with a bit more height in the team (especially in CM).

Emerson from Chelsea? Any good?

Sessegnon/Davies?

Any other suggestions we will undoubtedly & shortly see links to... ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Agree there.

Some people forget that even the top five clubs bench or beyond players are much better than most players in the bottom half of the table except the odd few.

We would be wise to take advantage of snagging some up anyway possible.

Look at Martinez, that says it all.

Ron Saunders was particulsrly cute at this.....Jimmer Rimmer, Alex Cropley, Kenny Swain.

I think you are spot on Dave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We need competition or better than Targett for LB... Henry has been linked but he’s quite small and we could do with a bit more height in the team (especially in CM).

Emerson from Chelsea? Any good?

Sessegnon/Davies?

Any other suggestions we will undoubtedly & shortly see links to... ?

I liked both of those I did, Emerson used to be very energetic and quick and skilly, Sessegnon was or still is a good dribbler of the ball.

Edited by Dave-R

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ron Saunders was particulsrly cute at this.....Jimmer Rimmer, Alex Cropley, Kenny Swain.

I think you are spot on Dave.

I think that's what were trying to do and have been, looking for players who fit the bill, but would be willing to leave those clubs up the top of the table. Lange seems very smart at this, picking through the haystack of clubs players for bargain needles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichiBoi11 said:

They also said we wouldn't spend £20 million on a goalkeeper and seemed to think it was nailed on Grealish was leaving, so I wouldn't pay any attention to what they say. They may be right, but if they are it's only guesswork and speculation, they have no actual insight in to our club or how it's run.

Add to that I doubt that the owners convinced Jack to stay with the promise of a couple of loans. 

• Like 1