Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

18 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Kiwi - how do your stats on something like tackles factor in the fact that Chelsea might have the ball twice as much as us, so have less tackles to make? Just curious!

It's based on several things not just tackles. Touches, passes total, opposition half, final 3rd, successfull dribbles and so on 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

Agreed. Loans got us into the premier league

....and was the reason we almost went straight back down!

Loans are fine as long as they contain a set fee buying clause, otherwise you can keep em!

We are not trying to get promoted now, and our aims are higher than staying up, for the next step we need to build. You cant do that when your best players can move on the whim of another club.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Barkley would be fantastic for us. Like Grealish he would excel with the extra responsibility. At Chelsea he is just another good player. With us he’d look like a star.

I was worried about Barkleys off field antics but to be fair he would be a great addition who would improve us massively..

RLC is too much of an injury concern,  Barkley would be a statement of intent 

• Like 2

Barkley would be good in our midfield actually the more I think about it, an upgrade on what we have and can see him linking up with Jack/Watkins easily. I like lotus cheek but like everyone else concerned on his injury record. The main concern would be wages with Barkley but loan option to buy would be great. 

So not much going on then at the moment, hopefully we buy someone before Ryan Reynolds and Rob Mcelhenney's supposedly bid is accepted for Wrexham and I start paying abit of interest lol.

I dont know how much truth there is in that but I seen it and wondered what if Ryan Reynolds did buy the club, wonder if they would change the badge to a deadpool badge and have black and red for there shirts or complete deadpool costumes.

Sponsored by Chimichangas..

You could just imagine it couldnt you..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Barkley would be good in our midfield actually the more I think about it, an upgrade on what we have and can see him linking up with Jack/Watkins easily. I like lotus cheek but like everyone else concerned on his injury record. The main concern would be wages with Barkley but loan option to buy would be great. 

For us signing albeit only loan 

Pros: Barkley wants regular game time to make England squad

Cons: Chelsea want his 120k wages paid

52 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

For us signing albeit only loan 

Pros: Barkley wants regular game time to make England squad

Cons: Chelsea want his 120k wages paid

Loan to with set fee option to buy for a season with Chelsea subbing his wages gives us that extra year we need to be able to pay average Prem wages across the squad. So ideal world he comes, plays every week, loves it, performs well and when we have the bucks for his wage drop to be low then we sign him.

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Barkley would be good in our midfield actually the more I think about it, an upgrade on what we have and can see him linking up with Jack/Watkins easily. 

I read that as Jack Wilshere, was getting worried 😂

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Loan to with set fee option to buy for a season with Chelsea subbing his wages gives us that extra year we need to be able to pay average Prem wages across the squad. So ideal world he comes, plays every week, loves it, performs well and when we have the bucks for his wage drop to be low then we sign him.

Yeah agree but read on Villa blog from days ago Chelsea want 100% wages paid. Pretty sure we didn't pay Drinkwater full wages though according to reports

I would imagine that any loan away from Chelsea is effectively the beginning of the end of Barkleys Chelsea career. They arent sending him out on loan to improve or gain experience but rather that they have now got better players in his position. Chelsea arent likely to get worse in his year away so you'd be surprised if there was any way back at that point

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

PremNews retweeted his Sept 17th tweet AVFC enquiring about Barkley saying Tier 1 journalists catching up. Has been right about loads of other club signings ahead of the curve. Tweeted about 4 days ago Rashica will go down to close of window 

Got a link to that Tweet?

26 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I believe the last part is incorrect, they will pay a significant part of them.

This always concerns me, they did it with Drinkwater, and I am always left wondering why they are happy to pay players to play in the same league as them for another team... 

I think he is a good player but have a couple of question marks around attitude etc. This is only based on pure assumption rather than any facts! 

Edited by Tayls

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This always concerns me, they did it with Drinkwater, and I am always left wondering why they are happy to pay players to play in the same league as them for another team... 

I think he is a good player but have a couple of question marks around attitude etc. This is only based on pure assumption rather than any facts! 

We aren’t in the same league though just the same division. We aren’t remotely close to being rivals to them and he can’t play against them so why would they care? In fact he can play against their actual rivals so it has potentially to help them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

....and was the reason we almost went straight back down!

Loans are fine as long as they contain a set fee buying clause, otherwise you can keep em!

We are not trying to get promoted now, and our aims are higher than staying up, for the next step we need to build. You cant do that when your best players can move on the whim of another club.

True...when we loaned players to get up they all ended being our best players and that caused the massive problems when they left.....tuanzabe, Snodgrass, Abraham etc.

I like to think we have a bit more in the team now, but if there is an option to loan to improve areas that need improving I think we are not in a position to turn it down.

Yes it may develop a player for a better team but if it keeps us in the league and even better moves up the table it can only be a good thing.

The higher we go the better type of player we can attract in the future

• Like 2