Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

18 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Lots of talk of midfielders. I think we need one because...

• Hourihane and Nakamba shouldn't be starting unless they've improved massively over the summer; they are part of plan B (need a goal) and plan C (need to protect a lead) from the bench in my opinion
  • Jack may play the CAM role, but may be deployed in the wide forward position again, so we need another player to retain the flexibility
  • McGinn runs around like a lunatic, and will need to be rotated/rested from time to time otherwise he will get burnt out, like he was before his injury last season
  • Luiz is still young, and was great for 10 nines; again we may need to rotate to keep him fresh, or if he has a loss of form
  • We're rich!

Thank you this is exactly whats needed as we cant bank on those throughout the season we will need options of the same or higher quality.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Don't think we paid 30m to play Watkins on the wing. If Edouard even signs, I imagine it'll be as competition for him.

I think it was a Watkins or Edouard question for DS and club.

Now it’s a question of who else we need. I can see Watkins playing on the LW when Wes returns so does that mean we need a ST who can play RW, like Brewster.....or do we need Benrahma, Rashica or Beundia?

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I care enough to send him on his way, but I also care that other teams can get a tune out of players weve failed to make work. I dont see why be so stuck up and not pay attention, it doesnt hurt does it to take an interest. We may not want him and most may see him as a waste of space but he has been very unfortunate at Villa and if he goes I wish him the best of luck and theres no harm in that if that's what people want to do now.

Not being stuck up, I don’t mind him doing well. 

20 minutes ago, Gillz said:

The Dream

lineup.png

Since when did McGinn turn into a holding midfield player?

No way. McGinn is such a box to box player. 4-3-3 is perfect. No need to change.

Jack works great on the left. Getting an amount of goals and assists we've never seen.

Edited by villalad21

21 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Don't think we paid 30m to play Watkins on the wing. If Edouard even signs, I imagine it'll be as competition for him.

Yeah I don't get why I keep seeing this idea. 

Ollie Watkins has been signed as our main striker. 

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Didn’t realise he jumped over to Bayer... missed that. 

No thanks to Origi are you serious!!!!!! Hes a sharp finisher got famous champions league goals against elite sides .. quick and energetic if hes starting every match do you seriously think we will have many problems in attack ... NO we certainly wouldn’t i doubt we will be in any relegation battle if he were to join the attack .. we don't seem to analyse we just see him as a player that Liverpool dont start and disregard him.. he’s available for £20M go and get him. 

Yes id have Grealish further forward it isn’t exactly art school so it doesn’t look like it as much but yes id push him up. 

Benrahma or Rashica .. well it looks 70% probable that  Rashica may very well be an official Aston Villa player by next week... i wont complain with that one but we still need a forward in and around that right hand side. Benrahma seems more built for the premier league in terms of physicality and flair mind you 

So because I don’t agree with you I haven’t analysed Origi before saying no thanks.  I have analysed him a lot and decided No we shouldn’t sign him just I had analysed Schick and said I would sign him but he chose Bayer.  Just as I have analysed Josh King and said No.  Anyway it’s not our say we just have to go with who they do choose but apart from a few links about a month ago the Origi link has gone nowhere.

I think we’ll buy Rashica hopefully but then the second position they seem to be focused on another forward so Benrhama looks like he’s not on the wish list.  It does seem weird nobody is really in for him....rumours of us, West Ham even Chelsea but he seems not on our list if we get Rashica, West Ham only have money for the Burnley defender and Chelsea haven’t taken the move forward and doubt they will with their players on the books.  I did read an article where is was proposed that maybe clubs don’t think his skills will translate to the PL especially for the price.  While I don’t agree, if his tricks were stifled it would restrict him but we won’t know until he steps up. I think he’ll do alright but it’s strange that it maybe the second season where he doesn’t get picked up by a PL club.....still time though.

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

A lot out there pointing to Rashica progress moving forward...

Yeah, as I’ve seen and been commenting on that re-opened thread.

What I cant really rationalise is that if they are going to play on the wing then Rashica, Watkins and Grealish all prefer LW.

So if Watkins does end up being our main ST, Raschica surely plays LW (I know he plays RW for Kosova)?, Jack must play centrally so do we just rely on Trez and El Ghazi on the RW.....or do we have to go out and buy Beundia who primarily plays RW?

1 minute ago, rayk said:

Yeah, as I’ve seen and been commenting on that re-opened thread.

What I cant really rationalise is that if they are going to play on the wing then Rashica, Watkins and Grealish all prefer LW.

So if Watkins does end up being our main ST, Raschica surely plays LW (I know he plays RW for Kosova)?, Jack must play centrally so do we just rely on Trez and El Ghazi on the RW.....or do we have to go out and buy Beundia who primarily plays RW?

Why can’t Jack and Rashica just keep changing wings like happens in every modern day game these days at every club.  They aren’t locked into a position.

• Like 2