Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, rayk said:

Yeah, as I’ve seen and been commenting on that re-opened thread.

What I cant really rationalise is that if they are going to play on the wing then Rashica, Watkins and Grealish all prefer LW.

So if Watkins does end up being our main ST, Raschica surely plays LW (I know he plays RW for Kosova)?, Jack must play centrally so do we just rely on Trez and El Ghazi on the RW.....or do we have to go out and buy Beundia who primarily plays RW?

Apparently Jack wants to be in the middle CAM/SS , it's us who actually prefer him on the left.

Watkins will definitely be the striker.

All IMO of course.

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

What I cant really rationalise is that if they are going to play on the wing then Rashica, Watkins and Grealish all prefer LW.

So if Watkins does end up being our main ST, Raschica surely plays LW (I know he plays RW for Kosova)?, Jack must play centrally so do we just rely on Trez and El Ghazi on the RW.....or do we have to go out and buy Beundia who primarily plays RW?

I don’t  think there has been any link to Buendia apart from fan hopes

Edited by mikeyp102

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently Jack wants to be in the middle CAM/SS , it's us who actually prefer him on the left.

Watkins will definitely be the striker.

All IMO of course.

It’s not apparently that Jack wants to play AM, he’s said it enough times.

As for where Watkins plays I really think it depends who else we sign but signing Brewster to players RW would be a cheaper option than signing two wingers.

Or if Jack still plays LW then we deffo need another top notch CM.

Given the choice, would people prefer a front 3 of Rashica, Watkins and Grealish, with a new CM coming in, or a front 3 of Rashica, Watkins and Edouard, with Grealish moving to CM?

Could be quite good having Edouard, Rashica and Watkins causing chaos up front.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Have you read any of the last 10 - 20 pages or so?

Wake up man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, experience has taught me to never look back on this thread, the two most current pages is (usually) all one needs. Its like Eastenders, you can miss it for weeks and pick it straight back up.

What have I missed?

Edited by thunderball
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, rayk said:

You've said you cant rationalise it, then offered 3 rationales that fit... yes. One of those is what will happen.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why can’t Jack and Rashica just keep changing wings like happens in every modern day game these days at every club.  They aren’t locked into a position.

That would happen as a matter of course During a game but it’s much harder to do if both wingers naturally prefer LW. Add Watkins to that when Wes returns and it’s overloaded with LWs, especially if you consider Trez and El Ghazi too.

So if we are going for a winger then maybe Beundia would be the better option as he prefers the RW, or Brewster/Obafemi should DS prefers going for STs.

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

You've said you cant rationalise it, then offered 3 rationales that fit... yes. One of those is what will happen.

I’m just saying I think if we need a winger a RW like Beundia might be a better option.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t welcome Raschica - because he’s a cracking player.  But we’d be topping up on players that prefer the LW.

27 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Given the choice, would people prefer a front 3 of Rashica, Watkins and Grealish, with a new CM coming in, or a front 3 of Rashica, Watkins and Edouard, with Grealish moving to CM?

I don’t think it’s a choice, they seem to want another striker.  If a big name then we won’t bench either Watkins or the new striker ie like Eduoardo.  So it’s down to who we bring in.  Whatever the case it’ll give us options, cover for injuries and suspensions.

18 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’m just saying I think if we need a winger a RW like Beundia might be a better option.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t welcome Raschica - because he’s a cracking player.  But we’d be topping up on players that prefer the LW.

I know Rashica has played LW but do we know he wants to play there? Any foreigner who doesn’t watch PL would assume Jack prefers playing LW but we all know he wants to play more centrally.  Do we know Rashica’s preference, maybe he doesn’t mind RW or we have seem something in his play that thinks he may suit RW better

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why can’t Jack and Rashica just keep changing wings like happens in every modern day game these days at every club.  They aren’t locked into a position.

This is how I envisage the plan. A fluid interchanging forward line, which with clever players would be hard for defenders to pick up and mark.

41 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

5 minutes ago, NeilS said:

This is how I envisage the plan. A fluid interchanging forward line, which with clever players would be hard for defenders to pick up and mark.

Yes I agree and share the same thoughts with you both.

Something like this...

Screenshot_20200911-184427_Samsung Internet_opt.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes I agree and share the same thoughts with you both.

Something like this...

Screenshot_20200911-184427_Samsung Internet_opt.jpg

If that's our starting 11 for the majority of games this season then the other teams better invest in some bulk packs of vaseline. It's going to hurt otherwise baby!

• Like 1