Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, villalad21 said:

Exactly.

Don't see the point with Axel. The man is barely ever fit to play.

Waste of money.

I would't agree with that I bet if he was at a club like our for the past four years he would have played at least double the amount of time that he actually has.

1 minute ago, 7392craig said:

Doesn’t just have to be the male anatomy. I’ve heard more than a few people call him a c*** by now.

He was a complete fanny.... and an arsehole.

What a tit.

Edited by paul514
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I know it’s a big if but assuming we get Rashica then we’ll have Grealish and Rashica on the wings backed up by Trez and AEG (fine as squad players), with the option of playing Ollie out there and Big Wes up front if really needed. That’s very well stocked, so I don’t see two wingers coming in.

If Grealish is out wide though, I can see us dropping another £20m on a central midfielder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enda said:

I know it’s a big if but assuming we get Rashica then we’ll have Grealish and Rashica on the wings backed up by Trez and AEG (fine as squad players), with the option of playing Ollie out there and Big Wes up front if really needed. That’s very well stocked, so I don’t see two wingers coming in.

If Grealish is out wide though, I can see us dropping another £20m on a central midfielder.

We could do with both but who know what budget if any is left.

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

We could do with both but who know what budget if any is left.

I honestly don’t think we actually had a budget set, I think the message was to go out and get what’s needed, Yes look for good deals along the way but ultimately if we have to pay the price we will. I suspect this is what Edens allured to in his text to the team. If the above is true I also suspect that the jump they wish to make this year is far from just being safe

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Enda said:

I think we'll still be after another winger. Most likely a left footed right winger as this seems to be the way Smith prefers to play. Rashica looks like he could do a good job up front if Watkins is injured or not playing well. 

I'm on the Grealish back to midfield side of the great schism which does influence this opinion somewhat. Still think we'll want another midfielder for when Grealish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I honestly don’t think we actually had a budget set, I think the message was to go out and get what’s needed, Yes look for good deals along the way but ultimately if we have to pay the price we will. I suspect this is what Edens allured to in his text to the team. If the above is true I also suspect that the jump they wish to make this year is far from just being safe

Nah we have to have a budget at the very least because of FFP

• Like 1

Just now, paul514 said:

Nah we have to have a budget at the very least because of FFP

I concur but I believe that they will stretch it to its absolute maximum and a bit on tops. They will have the best legal representatives money can buy waiting in the wings

• Like 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

I concur but I believe that they will stretch it to its absolute maximum and a bit on tops. They will have the best legal representatives money can buy waiting in the wings

Well that is exactly what they did last year and there is no reason to suggest they won't be doing it again this summer.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I'd be disappointed if we were considering Axel, never fit so an unreliable backup. We should be looking for  29-31 very solid experienced back up, budget 4-8m. But in all honesty I'm happy with the 4 we have.

In fairness Axel is just a name I threw out there. I agree with your assessment of having a senior head in there. Someone in the mould of James Chester would make me much more comfortable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deeps said:

Have to agree

I’d happily be a last pay day to an older, experienced CB. If they still had the right mentality and no injury issues, and the wages were right for us. Someone for Mings and Konsa to learn from, and there to play 10-15 games where needed.

• Like 1