Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If that's our starting 11 for the majority of games this season then the other teams better invest in some bulk packs of vaseline. It's going to hurt otherwise baby!

Attacking, yes, but I still worry about the lack of "presence" in midfield.

That midfield does or defends nothing in the air, and would seriously struggle against big, strong CM teams.

I still want our big bastard midfielder.

UNLESS, Deano is ready to have another crack at  his football philosophy and we are trying to be Man City light?

Then again even Man City have their big CM's handy.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Watkins hasn’t been brought to play on the right of any formation. He just hasn’t. 

I agree in principle, however, can't 4 - 3 - 3 basically be 3 forwards interchanging as others have pointed out?

So no one would really be in a "set" position.

They will all have the opportunity to be CF at any given time.

• Like 2

Watkins surely bought as a centre forward. It certainly looks like we’re trying to sign Rashica but I can’t see us bringing in Edouard now.

Itll be Jack on the left, Ollie in the middle, and Rashica on right; unless DS still fancies one of Trez/El Ghazi to do a job meaning Jack will get to play his number 8 role.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Watkins hasn’t been brought to play on the right of any formation. He just hasn’t. 

cant help but agree with this.

I think the front 3 will be Grealish, Watkins and a new right winger/right IF. (or at least i hope, if we start with Trez/Ghazi i will cry)

we desperately need a new MC also though, if we dont get one i will be worried by the current midfield. (i think we only currently have 2 central midfielders who i would be happy to call "proper PL quality" - currently)

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes I agree and share the same thoughts with you both.

Something like this...

Screenshot_20200911-184427_Samsung Internet_opt.jpg

I still struggle to see Smith moving to a 4-2-3-1 (of sorts) when he’s mainly used 4-3-3 for who’s whole managerial career.

I feel like it’s more likely that Grealish would be the left midfielder in a 3, with Luiz doing the donkey work and McGinn on the right.

It initially sounds like it would be a waste of our best player, but then when you consider that we could potentially have 3 top quality forwards up top, it’s less of a case of isolating your best player, and instead having excellent players in more positions of the pitch. Obviously there would probably be more attacks aimed down Jack’s side, so maybe Smith would go for a 4-3-3 where Jack is given the licence to push forward and central if Luiz and McGinn can shift more centrally when he does. I don’t know, maybe I’m splitting hairs :D

• Like 1

I have my eyes on Buendia for the right hand side. Something like:

Watkins

Rashica                Grealish              Buendia

Luiz                     McGinn

Targett          Mings        Konsa         Cash

Martinez 

That would be the most creative team in the league after Man City. A joy to watch. Bring in a Grujic as a rotation option to our midfield and to makes us more resilient against the top sides and King as a rotation option for our attack and a left back and we are potentially a top 6 chasing side! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I really wish people would stop creating nice like formation pictures with Edouard in it. He isn’t coming to us. I’m going all @rayk on this one!

ok, like this then?

Nyland

Edouard  Edouard  Edouard  Taylor

Edouard  Lansbury  Edouard

Trez  Hogan  El Ghazi

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Enda said:

Imagine Mings tears a ligament on the first day of the season. That’s the reason I would rather a new CB (Tuanzebe, anyone?) than Buendia.

i would like an additional CB, but not at the cost of a right winger.

winger & MC first, then GK, then a LB or DC if we have any cash left.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No doubt he will play on the right of a front three for some games or make a tactical move there during some games but you are correct there is no way we have shelled out that price for the Watkins of two seasons ago who was playing wide forward rather than the Watkins of last season playing centre forward.

In other words Eduoard isn't coming unless we play two up top which I highly doubt.

2 minutes ago, Enda said:

Imagine Mings tears a ligament on the first day of the season. That’s the reason I would rather a new CB (Tuanzebe, anyone?) than Buendia.

Yes to a new centre back but not before a second wide forward, i'd rather loan someone if we run out of money for centre back

6 minutes ago, Enda said:

I completely agree. We definitely need an experience centre back. I think we look worryingly light there.

8 minutes ago, Enda said:

So in this scenario are you envisioning Tuanzebe as a treatment room buddy for Mings?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1