Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, deeps said:

Have to agree

Someone like Mathias Zanka at CB. Did a good job at Huddersfield, so he knows the league, and seems to be out of favor at Fenerbahce at the moment.

He still makes the Denmark team and had a good take on Kane the other day.

• Like 1

Unless there is stupid money available, After Milo and Martinez, I would keep my powder dry for a few weeks. I reckon there could be some serious price cuts in the last few days of the window. Some teams will need to get players off the wage bill quickly. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, colhint said:

Unless there is stupid money available, After Milo and Martinez, I would keep my powder dry for a few weeks. I reckon there could be some serious price cuts in the last few days of the window. Some teams will need to get players off the wage bill quickly. 

That's actually not a bad shout. 

The purchases we have made (assuming we get Milo and Martinez as you say) have strengthened us in the areas we needed. If we went into the season with just the four new faces, that is plenty strong enough to avoid a relegation battle, possibly even mid-table. Any bargains we could pick up towards the end of the window would just be gravy. 

• Like 2

Agree on the points about Axel. He has hampered his career and development staying at Utd. Konsa is a better player now and will continue to improve. Axel won't unless he goes on loan somewhere, and I would not want to loan him again unless we were certain to get him permanently at the end of the loan. Let Konsa develop.

30 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I’d happily be a last pay day to an older, experienced CB. If they still had the right mentality and no injury issues, and the wages were right for us. Someone for Mings and Konsa to learn from, and there to play 10-15 games where needed.

We should have been in for Vertonghen

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I’d happily be a last pay day to an older, experienced CB. If they still had the right mentality and no injury issues, and the wages were right for us. Someone for Mings and Konsa to learn from, and there to play 10-15 games where needed.

JT get fit and get your boots back on 😜

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We should have been in for Vertonghen

I thought that at the time, I wonder whether he'd already decided on where he was going though. Deal to Benfica was done and dusted very quickly and they are in Europe 

18 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Agree on the points about Axel. He has hampered his career and development staying at Utd. Konsa is a better player now and will continue to improve. Axel won't unless he goes on loan somewhere, and I would not want to loan him again unless we were certain to get him permanently at the end of the loan. Let Konsa develop.

I reckon Dean will look at Axel wanting to stay at Utd and break into the team as a positive as it shows he has ambition.  It's the uncertainty over fitness that's the issue which a loan-to-buy would cover.

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

So because I don’t agree with you I haven’t analysed Origi before saying no thanks.  I have analysed him a lot and decided No we shouldn’t sign him just I had analysed Schick and said I would sign him but he chose Bayer.  Just as I have analysed Josh King and said No.  Anyway it’s not our say we just have to go with who they do choose but apart from a few links about a month ago the Origi link has gone nowhere.

I think we’ll buy Rashica hopefully but then the second position they seem to be focused on another forward so Benrhama looks like he’s not on the wish list.  It does seem weird nobody is really in for him....rumours of us, West Ham even Chelsea but he seems not on our list if we get Rashica, West Ham only have money for the Burnley defender and Chelsea haven’t taken the move forward and doubt they will with their players on the books.  I did read an article where is was proposed that maybe clubs don’t think his skills will translate to the PL especially for the price.  While I don’t agree, if his tricks were stifled it would restrict him but we won’t know until he steps up. I think he’ll do alright but it’s strange that it maybe the second season where he doesn’t get picked up by a PL club.....still time though.

Yeah okay so you dont feel Origi would perform well at VP fair enough.. i cant see it myself based on how he can play he will do hundred times better than any of our current selection and can play Wing and centre forward which would be fantastic for us as we would get two in one. Benrahma would certainly be able to perform at this level so just like you im surprised nobody has launched a bid and ill be disappointed to see him go to another club other than us. Josh king doesn’t show any direction as far as im concerned it would not be a signing getting my stamp of approval but as you said its not our say so ill just wait and see what happens.

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I reckon Dean will look at Axel wanting to stay at Utd and break into the team as a positive as it shows he has ambition.  It's the uncertainty over fitness that's the issue which a loan-to-buy would cover.

And thats fine, but I would not want to develop him for a year (especially not at the expense of Konsa) for him to then want to go back to United. That's my concern. 

Plus I would still like to see Engels given a chance. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I have my eyes on Buendia for the right hand side. Something like:

Watkins

Rashica                Grealish              Buendia

Luiz                     McGinn

Targett          Mings        Konsa         Cash

Martinez 

That would be the most creative team in the league after Man City. A joy to watch. Bring in a Grujic as a rotation option to our midfield and to makes us more resilient against the top sides and King as a rotation option for our attack and a left back and we are potentially a top 6 chasing side! 

Lay off the spice arr lad 😂 

Feels like Lerners first Summer, thrilling to seem to be pulling in our targets, long may it continue.

However, I won’t expect too much as gelling 4/5 new players into a starting line up isn’t going to be easy nor is it likely to click for a while. Last Summers signings are barely coming good now.

Nice problems and worries to have though!