Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, Enda said:

Imagine Mings tears a ligament on the first day of the season. That’s the reason I would rather a new CB (Tuanzebe, anyone?) than Buendia.

It depends on our budget, I suppose. It also depends on whether we’ve told Grealish he can go back to his preferred CM position.

Personally, I’m actually quite happy with the choice of Mings, Konsa, Hause and Engels. 

I know some people want Engels gone, but I still think there’s a good player there. Let’s not forget at the start of last season him and Mings looked great, and Smith (and Brentford, with their trusty recruitment) had chased him for a while. But it seems that after 5-6 bad games (or games with a handful of clangers) loads have people have written him off. Just like they did with Reina when he had a few bad games, but then U-turned after he had a decent Project Restart.

If we really want a safety net then I’d go for an experienced loan defender.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

So in this scenario are you envisioning Tuanzebe as a treatment room buddy for Mings?

I would take him tomorrow.

There is too much of his injury used against him tbf and Olé the wolly hasn't given him a fair crack either.

There is still a damn good defender in there and more than capable at this level given a fair run in a first team.

Sign him up Villa!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

Konsa has overtaken Tuanzebe in development terms now. Tuanzebe would need to be a hell of a cut price deal for me to want him now. I’m talking £10-13m ish.

Tuanzebe did himself absolutely no favours by signing that contract at Man UTD. Not sure I'd take him back now, would rather develop Konsa.

If we're going to go for another CB i'd rather it be someone with a lot of experience. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Konsa has overtaken Tuanzebe in development terms now. Tuanzebe would need to be a hell of a cut price deal for me to want him now. I’m talking £10-13m ish.

He has and I cannot argue with that, they cannot command anymore than £10-12m on a defender they have no intention of playing.

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Tuanzebe did himself absolutely no favours by signing that contract at Man UTD. Not sure I'd take him back now, would rather develop Konsa.

He absolutely didn't and we all knew he made foolish move to have done so at the time.

I agree that we focus on developing Konsa, and having Axel as a useful backup.

(Sorry lads, ran out of likes for each of your posts.)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Enda said:

Imagine Mings tears a ligament on the first day of the season. That’s the reason I would rather a new CB (Tuanzebe, anyone?) than Buendia.

Very much this, along with a winger CB is perhaps most pressing imo. IN the begining of the summer there were rumours that we were after one, but the last links I've only seen GK, MF, winger and striker being mentioned. Worrying! Mings wont be able to play every game, and when he is out we are royally screwed.

Re Axel, I'm not sure Man U will let him go, OGS said that they will be looking to give him some games when he is back. But I think we should be able to get in a fully capable CB for not too much money.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I really wish people would stop creating nice like formation pictures with Edouard in it. He isn’t coming to us. I’m going all @rayk on this one!

Well unless something changes before the deadline and he actually signs. Then you'd still be right he's not signing right now 😄  Quit sitting on the fence mate. 

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

3 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Well unless something changes before the deadline and he actually signs. Then you'd still be right he's not signing right now 😄  Quit sitting on the fence mate. 

Nah he ain’t signing this window. Same disclaimer applies. Call me a **** if it happens.

28 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I wouldn't see him costing more than 10m to be honest due to his lack of play time and injuries. He must be in his last year or two of his contract by now as well.

Edit - Just looked him up he has 2 years left with an option for an extra....

FYI though he has played 10 times in the Premier League and 30 times in the Championship he is 23 in November, he has played 3700 mins in his entire career competitively, which is the equivalent of about 38 games almost solely in the Championship with us. For me there is no way they could legitimately demand a massive fee for him and realistically get it.

Edited by paul514
Extra info

40 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

You're all aware that Axel is currently recovering from an injury and not fit to play?

Exactly.

Don't see the point with Axel. The man is barely ever fit to play.

Waste of money.

I really like him, but is sadly looking like he is becoming another Micah Richards.

Edited by villalad21