Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not if Smith plays Grealish through the middle. 
I disagree about midfield being one of the last positions. We lost games so many times last season by losing the midfield battle. 
McGinn is a fan favourite, but doesn’t mean he can’t be improved on. 

We are going round in circles here but McGinn will play because Grealish will be on the wing. So our disagreement really is on where Grealish will be used. So let’s wait and see!

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I still think it's likely Grealish will remain left and Nakamba/new DM comes in. Alternatively Luiz plays deep and a new CM comes in. 

I can see that against the 'bigger' teams but think we will play with a 10 when we a favorites/equal.  It has been said we want a forward and winger and I am wondering if Rashica could be the forward (King was his alternative) and we could still get Benrahma/Buendia maybe even Sarr?

27 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

My predicted (hopeful) first 11 by 5th October.  Would be very excited to see what this side could do.

image.png.03df92c33a984a1b04325536bb9a3181.png

That does sound quite good, i agree with others saying that we need another centre mid of at least the standard of Luiz and McGinn though. Hourahane and Nakamba are ok but you wouldn't want them playing a great many games if either of those get injured.

It's also assuming that all of the new players are up to scratch. Wouldn't mind seeing King come in as well just as an extra option, he has got PL experience unlike the others.

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

To me it's more like she is the girl you love and obsess over, sending her love letters, sending her cards and flowers every birthday and valentines, but never shows any positive reaction. This is because she fancies the Captain of the Rugby team. So you finally give up, and she finally flirts with the Rugby bone head only to learn he's secretly banging both her best mates. So she now conveniently realises the one that truly appreciates her is you and that now she wants your love.

Get a grip man ! It's Villa, Stella, Balti !!

Try that as your mantra and forget this romantic nonsense.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Yeah, just been working with the £100m figure that seems to have been widely leaked right from the start of the window.

It was in a Sunday Mirror article and was probably a load of bollocks. I get mini rage every time I see it mentioned as if it's fact. I'm not sure why you'd think that was leaked—what purpose would that have?

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Yeah, just been working with the £100m figure that seems to have been widely leaked right from the start of the window.

I don't think it was leaked, it was just random guessing/paper talk.  The fact we are spending £20m on a keeper and £14m on a RB suggests there is more than £100m available.  

5 minutes ago, ChinlessWonder said:

That does sound quite good, i agree with others saying that we need another centre mid of at least the standard of Luiz and McGinn though. Hourahane and Nakamba are ok but you wouldn't want them playing a great many games if either of those get injured.

It's also assuming that all of the new players are up to scratch. Wouldn't mind seeing King come in as well just as an extra option, he has got PL experience unlike the others.

I’d honestly go for Connor Gallagher. Get him on loan even without an option if that’s the way it has to be but by getting him on loan it would put us in prime position to buy him at the end of the loan even though it may cost us a few bob more.

It also means we could loan out Ramsey and so if in 12 months time Gallagher is a not the answer, Ramsey should be fully ready for the Prem.

1 minute ago, MJ_1874 said:

I don't think it was leaked, it was just random guessing/paper talk.  The fact we are spending £20m on a keeper and £14m on a RB suggests there is more than £100m available.  

Hopefully you’re right 👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

No one knows what the budget is, it could easily be £150m

I actually think it is. We have significantly more income now and our owners are no less rich or ambitious.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Swap Benrahma with king and you might be on to something.

I think Benrahma is more exciting but also more of a risk!  Him and Grealish swapping and over/under lapping each other down the left would cause defenses to shit themselves.  

Edited by MJ_1874

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’d honestly go for Connor Gallagher. Get him on loan even without an option if that’s the way it has to be but by getting him on loan it would put us in prime position to buy him at the end of the loan even though it may cost us a few bob more.

It also means we could loan out Ramsey and so if in 12 months time Gallagher is a not the answer, Ramsey should be fully ready for the Prem.

Can't see this happening. Loaning players to potentially improve them for their parent club is the opposite of what we're trying to achieve.

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Can't see this happening. Loaning players to potentially improve them for their parent club is the opposite of what we're trying to achieve.

But as I say, it’s a bit of a free option for us. Gives us a quality CM option until Ramsey is fully ready for the Prem.

I mean if DS thinks Ramsey is ready this season, then really no reason for another CM.

5 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I actually think it is. We have significantly more income now and our owners are no less rich or ambitious.

All true but, you can’t have a £150m transfer budget and a FFP conversation the next day as tends to happen on here.

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

So.....out of a choice of King, Benrahma, Rashica, Beundia or Brewster Which one do you think we are realistically we’re gonna buy?

Rashica..but only to piss on your chips as you made such a fuss of him not joining us ever😜

• Haha 1