Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, hippo said:

I asked this. Apparently a player tweeted that the owners had congratulated him on staving off relegation and funds were available to make sure we were not in a RB next season.

Funds available = 100 million?

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Arsenal would be crazy to reject it. £20m for a reserve keeper, probably won’t believe their luck. 

Unless they think - villa haven't got a decent keeper....let's ask for £22m....

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Not snobby, just not thick. 

We've been down this road a million times before, its not worth it unless we are backed up against a wall. Plus Ampadu wouldn't get in our side as a starter and he certainly wouldn't come to us to sit on the bench.

Really? I thought he’d be ideal cover at DCM and CB?

Silly me.

And who’s to say Ampadu would start at Sheff Utd?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

A top goalkeeper can be worth 10 or so points, if Heaton had have stayed fit last season chances are we would have been safe with games to spare, rather than just about survivnig. Having another keeper of a similar quality to Heaton, will be a big help to us.

Your post definitely wasn't useless. 

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Never. Apparently as people have said our business is so poor they’re winding us up and closing the doors for good. Great news for you. 

No I.feel sorry for Smith he didn't want this said wanted players sorted. Smith Is villa and that's what's more disappointing back the man.

Edited by string28

1 minute ago, rayk said:

It’s all very well saying what you’re saying.......but where are our signings? We avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth.....you thought we might have shown a little more urgency and ambition?

If you think that the club isn't doing everything it can to bring quality to this football club then I have no hope for you in the forthcoming football season...

We've learnt our lessons and there are weeks left to do business, just not for stupid deals like Callum Wilson on 100k a week over 5 years.....................................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Funds available = 100 million?

I agree. Imo if we had those funds we wouldn't be haggling over £2m for Watkins ...etc. ..we would have just got the players in.

Ala ..target/Mings/Wesley last year...

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

We're willing to pay 30-40m on a goalkeeper and a right back who won't be guaranteed first choice, but we're going to go into the season with Davis and Samatta up front apparently.

Patience.. no need to be so melodramatic.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 3

Just now, hippo said:

I agree. Imo if we had those funds we wouldn't be haggling over £2m for Watkins ...etc. ..we would have just got the players in.

Ala ..target/Mings/Wesley last year...

If my memory serves me correctly, Mings took around 8 weeks of negotiations to actually land :D

• Like 3