Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

looks like Ampadu from chelsea has been loaned to Sheffield Utd :( 

bit gutted about this as thought he would’ve been a useful addition..

Is this because we’re too snobby to enter the loan market unless we have an option to buy?

1 minute ago, rayk said:

Sorry but our negotiating tactics or strategy had been piss poor given we’ve only ended up with a RB that was not top priority imo.

To salvage it we’d better end up with two from Edouard / Watkins / Benrahma  and a top notch reserve keeper......but whoever thought it made sense to put out there that we had a £100m budget really should be (metaphorically) shot.

Which club source said we had 100m budget or you just believed some shite on the internet?

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Which club source said we had 100m budget or you just believed some shite on the internet?

When do club sources say anything publicly? Someone spoke to the press though.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Right back agreed, but never ever underestimate keeping Orjan Nyland out of the team, its so **** important for everyone's morale.

Striker and GK - The whole footballing world knows we are desparate now ....sorta makes playing hardball.......well ....hard...

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Imo it's a bit too simplistic how you put that, no doubt Bielsa is a big name and will be a big pull for many players, more so than a lesser known manager as Dean Smith (whom I love). So in general yes, but every player and situation is different, apparently Cash was drawn to Villa partly because of Smith, the Brentford players probably will be as well. As just seen with Wilson there are so many other circumstances coming into play (where most probably in the end the amount of money they bag is the biggest factor).

When it comes to Buendia I'm afraid that Leeds will be in for him, and in that case I'm sure Leeds will have an advantage because Bielsa is from the same country. In general players from abroad would probably see Bielsa as a pull (not Pontus Janson though for example, ask him what he thinks of Bielsa). When it comes to players more in our range, Championship players or players in lower table PL teams, I'd say Dean Smith could be as much of a pull, certainly with Terry and Shakespeare in the management team. If we'd go for some Watford players that I want us to sign, I think we would have an advantage in Shakespeare, same with Leicester players who played under him. 

It's clearly not just the manager I know that, but I think having managers like Bielsa and Ancelotti gives clubs that greater pull. I don't imagine Rodriguez would ever have gone to Everton without Ancelotti being there, even if he is on the decline. 

No offence but players being drawn to us from the Championship is very different to players being drawn to Leeds who play for the Spain and Germany national teams. Those players would almost certainly have better options than Leeds but decided to go there in spite of that and I think Bielsa played a big part. Cash might have seen us a better bet than Fulham or someone of that ilk, but that isn't saying too much and I don't think the manager influenced that. Some of his former Brentford players you have a point, but the most talented player there is Benrahma and we don't seem to be on his radar as far as I can see. 

Personally I think if Leeds fancy Buendia they will struggle because they've already spent most of their budget as far as I can tell. Buendia will cost around £20m I'd say and Leeds don't have a bottomless pit. I like Buendia but Sarr or Deulofeu would be best options for us imo as they're quick and we badly lack pace in our current side. 

1 minute ago, rayk said:

Is this because we’re too snobby to enter the loan market unless we have an option to buy?

Not snobby, just not thick. 

We've been down this road a million times before, its not worth it unless we are backed up against a wall. Plus Ampadu wouldn't get in our side as a starter and he certainly wouldn't come to us to sit on the bench.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I asked this. Apparently a player tweeted that the owners had congratulated him on staving off relegation and funds were available to make sure we were not in a RB next season.

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

As many have said Gregg Evans knows nothing so I refuse to get excited by that ‘bid’. The article states that we’ve made a bid and they’ll only let him go if they get their preferred target, David Raya. 

Raya would also cost the obligatory 20 million Brentford fee

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Yes every rumour on the internet is 100% legit

It’s all very well saying what you’re saying.......but where are our signings? We avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth.....you thought we might have shown a little more urgency and ambition?