Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

If you think that the club isn't doing everything it can to bring quality to this football club then I have no hope for you in the forthcoming football season...

We've learnt our lessons and there are weeks left to do business, just not for stupid deals like Callum Wilson on 100k a week over 5 years.....................................

They may be trying to do everything they can.....doesn’t mean they are doing anything capably.

And you’re having a laugh quoting no to Callum Wilson on those figures when we actually put a bid in for him....

10 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I understand we could do with a keeper while Heaton isn't fit but is spending close to £20m on Martinez the answer?

Don't get me wrong he's been very good for Arsenal while Leno is out but I'm really not sure this is necessary. We need some bloody forwards. 

He's 6 years younger than Heaton. Back up/challenge for starting for a year and then first choice for the next 3 or 4. Makes sense to me. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If my memory serves me correctly, Mings took around 8 weeks of negotiations to actually land :D

And that was good negotiating? I mean Mings returned to Bournemouth in his Villa shirt and it still took 8 weeks to sign him??

No wonder Suso got sacked.

Just now, rayk said:

And that was good negotiating? I mean Mings returned to Bournemouth in his Villa shirt and it still took 8 weeks to sign him??

You must think every transfer is as easy as Football Manager 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

We are constrained by FFP and several years in Championship. HOW. MANY. TIMES. DOES. THIS. NEED. TO. BE. EXPLAINED. 

Haha, so we have a £100m to spend and yet we’re constrained by FFP. Lol

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

And you’re having a laugh quoting no to Callum Wilson on those figures when we actually put a bid in for him....

Nope, not having a laugh, we bid, we bid again but then we heard what NUFC offered him for personal terms and ran a mile. 

Hence why we offered a larger fee but then withdrew the second we heard of the terms they were offering (i.e **** madness)

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

We are constrained by FFP and several years in Championship. HOW. MANY. TIMES. DOES. THIS. NEED. TO. BE. EXPLAINED. 

Sorry what is FFP?  'runs and ducks for cover' 

In all seriousness if this is the level of moaning now what's it going to be like when we actually lose a few games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Yes, it was, because although £20m sounded alot in fee, hes a full England international now and hes on less than 60k a week which is below the av. premier league salary. 

So yes, good business.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Yep we agree on next season and where our squad is, don't panic we won't be playing this coming season with the same squad as we struggled with last season. We need a centre forward, poss two wide forwards and a central midfielder to go for 45 points plus IMO. They all need to be able to go straight into the first eleven. I think we'll probably get more in than that, but I think they'll be more signing potential to compete for a place like Cash.

You're certainly calmer than I am about this and obviously I hope you're right 👍

I'm still disappointed that 3 or 4 players aren't on board with the season less than 2 weeks away. It's like they looked at last summer and decided to ride it out this summer in the hope of landing better quality targets, but it just feels like it hasn't worked. The problem last summer wasn't getting the players in quickly (which is always a good thing) but identifying the wrong players in certain positions and having to sign a lot of players which was always going to be tough. And actually, we did get a few right: Mings, Heaton, Konsa, Luiz all look to have increased in value and are now key players. I still think Wesley has hope but he was unlucky with his injury. And even Trez helped keep us up with his goals, even if he is a terrible footballer. 

I think we'll be in trouble if all our signings are from the Championship too. Let's wait and see what happens but it is worrying. 

22 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

looks like Ampadu from chelsea has been loaned to Sheffield Utd :( 

bit gutted about this as thought he would’ve been a useful addition..

But play instead of who? Konsa? 

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Nope, not having a laugh, we bid, we bid again but then we heard what NUFC offered him for personal terms and ran a mile. 

Hence why we offered a larger fee but then withdrew the second we heard of the terms they were offering (i.e **** madness)

Really? Firstly you are quoting the media now as fact when normally you scoff when it’s not in your favour.

Secondly, do you really think we put in our higher offer without having any idea what Newcastle’s bid And salary offer was?

any links seem to have gone fairly quiet, genuine/honest question, do we reckon we will actually sign someone this week?

I would say its critical we sign at least 2 players this week, i will be pretty surprised/shocked if we dont complete at least 1 high profile transfer (high profile for us i mean) this week.

• Like 2