Villan4Life

Congratulations to Brentford, far the better side and well deserved.

I'm sure Ollie, Ezri and Dean will be pleased for them.

see you next season.

Well deserved and no doubt they’ll recruit well this summer, and if they stay up they have to be wary of becoming a Southampton selling best players season in season out and replacing them with cheaper talent is all good until you get relegated 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Given our record against them, it's more likely they'll be taking six points off us TBFH.

Still, I'm happy for them, it's good to have a new name.

You're confusing us with a different Aston Villa.

• Like 2

Finished the season with more points than most play-Off winners usually finish with, eleven more points than we had for example, and also more points than Albion finished with last season as a top two team, if it wasn't for injuries they probably would have gone up automatically...

So whilst play-off winners usually struggle I don't think the same will apply to Brentford, can see them surviving comfortably, they have similarities to other clubs that have been promoted and done well like Leeds, Sheffield United, Wolves, and going further back the likes of Bournemouth, Southampton and Swansea.

They will probably spend a decent amount of money as well.

• Like 1

Good luck to them but they are coming into a tough league. Probably wont go straight down but i think wont have it so easy. Them, Norwich, Palace, Burnley, Newcastle, Southampton and Brighton at moment will probably be the relegation mix up maybe one other team

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Lose to Fulham in the playoff final then win the playoffs the following year passing Fulham in the process? 🤔 

Also known as doing a Villa which was briefly also known as doing a Fulham.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Also known as doing a Villa which was briefly also known as doing a Fulham.

Inseed. All the talk was of Villa doing a Fulham but we didnt. However Fulham came back up and did another Fulham so it remains to be seen if Brentford do a Leeds. Or a Fulham.

Doing a Fulham - coming up, spending loads of money and going back down again

Doing a Norwich - coming up, not spending much, going back down again, coming up again ad infinitum

Doing a Villa - coming up, spending loads of money and staying up

Doing a Leeds - coming up, spending loads of money, staying up, and the media treating it as if they've just won the league

Doing a SHA - not coming up at all

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

Good luck to them but they are coming into a tough league. Probably wont go straight down but i think wont have it so easy. Them, Norwich, Palace, Burnley, Newcastle, Southampton and Brighton at moment will probably be the relegation mix up maybe one other team

First season is always a struggle unless you have the great Bielsa. 

Â