Villan4Life

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Pleased for everyone at Brentford, all except pontus Jansson who is an absolute rocket polisher

Hopefully they see sense and sell him before next season. Can see him destroyed in the top flight 

• Like 1

One thing I learnt yesterday....Emiliano Marcondes is Danish! When did that happen, fairly sure I read he was from Argentina when they signed him.

That's another clever thing with Brentford....given Benham owns that Danish club they've got quite a few in their squad who've played for them at some stage. Probably something we should do given the rumours of looking to buy stake in Vitoria Guimaraes this time last year but that's gone quiet. Would make sense to have decent european club to loan say Jacob Ramsey to for a season and also have first dibs on their promising players.

Also thought Mbuemo was South African for some reason.

Edited by VillaChris

A really well run club who have made big strides over the last few years, I think they're capable of surviving.

One thing I will say based on the two playoff games is that Ivan Toney is going to spend a lot of time suspended.

Most important  result this weekend , So glad a club who has actually worked for success, rather than brought it,  has got some. Its the way football should be and I can see the irony of a Villa fan saying that as well. 

Good luck next season , it will be a struggle but you deserve some luck.  

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Well we finally made it what a day that was hard to enjoy the game with so much at stake but a good atmosphere considering the low attendance.We finished the season well 1 defeat in last 14 games without Dasilva Henry and Norguaard (for most)3 of our better players.Thomas has done great job on making us hard to beat but not as easy on the eye as last season.I honestly believe some of our squad will excel in the PL won’t include Pontus in that but we have some good young players on the fringe.I believe Toney will not be sold unless a 35 mill +bid comes in but don’t think there will be the money about next season other than the top 6 maybe.Looking forward to Villa park next season and I’m sure you will enjoy our new stadium it’s superb for a club of our size and you will get 3000 seats almost double you got at Griffin Park and some great drinking places  by the river a bit pricey though.Not sure what lies ahead but I’m going to enjoy it even if it’s just one season.Thanks to the many on here who have been routing for us over the las 2 seasons 

Congratulations- well deserved. 

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Well we finally made it what a day that was hard to enjoy the game with so much at stake but a good atmosphere considering the low attendance.We finished the season well 1 defeat in last 14 games without Dasilva Henry and Norguaard (for most)3 of our better players.Thomas has done great job on making us hard to beat but not as easy on the eye as last season.I honestly believe some of our squad will excel in the PL won’t include Pontus in that but we have some good young players on the fringe.I believe Toney will not be sold unless a 35 mill +bid comes in but don’t think there will be the money about next season other than the top 6 maybe.Looking forward to Villa park next season and I’m sure you will enjoy our new stadium it’s superb for a club of our size and you will get 3000 seats almost double you got at Griffin Park and some great drinking places  by the river a bit pricey though.Not sure what lies ahead but I’m going to enjoy it even if it’s just one season.Thanks to the many on here who have been routing for us over the las 2 seasons 

Honestly delighted. Just enjoy it. I think you’ve got the pedigree and the style of play to stay up. 

• Like 1

Even if they go down next season, they'll be right back up and stronger than ever the year after.

After 2022-23 I don't think you'll see Brentford outside the Premier League for years and years and years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

One thing I learnt yesterday....Emiliano Marcondes is Danish! When did that happen, fairly sure I read he was from Argentina when they signed him.

That's another clever thing with Brentford....given Benham owns that Danish club they've got quite a few in their squad who've played for them at some stage. Probably something we should do given the rumours of looking to buy stake in Vitoria Guimaraes this time last year but that's gone quiet. Would make sense to have decent european club to loan say Jacob Ramsey to for a season and also have first dibs on their promising players.

Also thought Mbuemo was South African for some reason.

Marcondes was born in Denmark and half Brazilian not Argentinian 

They had a South African guy Mokotkjo who sounded like Mbuemo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The new visa rules make haing a feeder club incredibly valuable, and specifically a Portuguese or Belgian first division side. I don't think Brentford will get much benefit from a Danish feeder team, except as a place to put British talent that they want to give games to. It won't help at all with visas.

• 1 month later...
Â