Villan4Life

On 30/05/2021 at 08:51, PaulC said:

First season is always a struggle unless you have the great Bielsa. 

I was always under the impression that the second season is the hardest because in the first season most teams dont know your tactics/manager etc.Second season there are no suprises or very few.

Think they'll be exactly like Norwich two years ago. Will be involved in lots of high scoring games and probably take points off a few teams who'll finish top half (can certainly see them getting something off Arsenal first game as that's ideal one for them to start with) but ultimately not sure they'll have enough to win enough of the matches that will matter. Certainly more fun to watch than if Swansea or Cardiff had come up though.

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Think they'll be exactly like Norwich two years ago. Will be involved in lots of high scoring games and probably take points off a few teams who'll finish top half (can certainly see them getting something off Arsenal first game as that's ideal one for them to start with) but ultimately not sure they'll have enough to win enough of the matches that will matter. Certainly more fun to watch than if Swansea or Cardiff had come up though.

They'll hit the ground running, hit some teams cold and race to 20pt mid table mark. Then will run out of steam , take a few bad beatings, lose confidence, and then it's about holding on to the end of the season and surviving by the skin of their teeth.

Tale as old as time

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see this.

Those two clubs however will be established PL clubs by 2024/25.

Teams swirling round the bottom are in real trouble once they build up some capital.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Brentford's model is extremely exciting. I'm fascinated to see if they can make it in the Premier League

It will also be interesting to see if/how that model changes should they stay up for a couple of seasons.

They are a very likeable club the way they do things.

Just now, av1 said:

It will also be interesting to see if/how that model changes should they stay up for a couple of seasons.

Given who their owner is I'd be very surprised

18 hours ago, av1 said:

It'll have to change.

Brexit has done them in. 80% of the players they've signed in the last six/seven years wouldn't get a work permit now.

• Like 1

They seem to have done ok even plucking English players from lower leagues and flipping them.  Obviously the further up the leagues you go the more difficult this strategy becomes but I fancy them to stay up.  

On 23/07/2021 at 09:33, Tomaszk said:

It'll have to change.

Brexit has done them in. 80% of the players they've signed in the last six/seven years wouldn't get a work permit now.

True, although then being the PL now and thus going after higher value targets will negate that somewhat. The work permit rules are **** ridiculous though.

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm looking forward to their game tonight. It's going to be interesting to see how many of their players make the step up.

Defensively i think they will be poor especially Jansson and Ajer. Will be fun in attack to watch though

On 22/07/2021 at 15:44, Zatman said:

Think I read Brentford and Brighton owners dont like each other. Could be an interesting fixture

Both pro gamblers aren't they and made millions from it? I tried that method years back and errrr posting on an internet message board at midday on a Friday I think shows it didn't quite work out so fair play to them.

As for tonight can see them turning Arsenal over especially as this will be first game where they have full house at their new ground so atmosphere will be incredible.

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Defensively i think they will be poor especially Jansson and Ajer. Will be fun in attack to watch though

I don't think I've ever seen Ajer play, just heard the hype. I wouldn't be surprised if Jansson is the one that gets pushed to the bench. 

Â