Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Our first headed goal all season apparently which is both astonishing and damning. 

shocked x factor GIF by X Factor Global

Shows our wingers are both very poor.  So many bad crosses. 

That's our entire team.  Our set pieces, corners and crosses are probably worst I've seen from any Villa side ever. 

• Like 1

https://www.goal.com/en/news/aston-villas-samatta-sets-four-records-on-premier-league/14dryk3ijsym51uxgmn3cpnrhe

The 27-year-old has now scored on his debut, as well as becoming the first Tanzanian to feature in the English top-flight 

Four records plunged for Tanzania skipper Mbwana Samatta in Aston Villa’s 2-1 defeat to Bournemouth in Saturday’s Premier League clash.

The former Genk star was handed his English top-flight bow by manager Dean Smith for the clash against the Cherries.

Nonetheless, he repaid Smith’s faith in him with four remarkable achievements.

First, he wrote his name in the history books as the first Tanzanian to feature in the Premier League.

Philip Billing and Nathan Ake had given Eddie Howe’s men a two-goal advantage, however, Samatta pulled one back with his 70th-minute brave header.

With that, he also became the first Tanzanian to score a Premier League goal,  the first man from the East African nation to make a scoring debut in the tournament with his header and Aston Villa’s first headed goal this season.

After a massive Premier League debut at Dean Court, he is expected to play a key role in the Villans’ survival battle.

They will be hoping for redemption when they host Tottenham Hotspur in their next fixture on February 16.

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's our entire team.  Our set pieces, corners and crosses are probably worst I've seen from any Villa side ever. 

The problem is that only Hourihane is any good at them, and he isn't good enough at everything else to be selected.

His rubbish set piece delivery is now the only real remaining weakness in Grealish's game.

He’s know how to get to good position , has game intelligence, but our midfielder either don’t know how to read his run or are too selfish to lay off .. He needs teammates on same wavelength as he’s not the typical do it all himself Benteke /Wilfred Bony type striker .

1 hour ago, Digavilla said:

He’s know how to get to good position , has game intelligence, but our midfielder either don’t know how to read his run or are too selfish to lay off .. He needs teammates on same wavelength as he’s not the typical do it all himself Benteke /Wilfred Bony type striker .

I’m sure this will improve after they have trained together more than a week and played more than a couple of hours. Agree on all his good points. Great to see him get a goal.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The problem is that only Hourihane is any good at them, and he isn't good enough at everything else to be selected.

His rubbish set piece delivery is now the only real remaining weakness in Grealish's game.

It seems to be the hallmark of some of the best attacking midfielders, and it's a bit perplexing. Christian Eriksen for example is notorious for failing to beat the first man with his set pieces.

• Like 1

I've seen two games where this guy has continually got into goalscoring positions and, today, he scored a goal where he kept his eyes firmly on the ball and not the goalkeeper who could have flattened him. I'm very impressed by Samagol so far. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We are also poor at defending them , 8 goals conceded from corners joint worst in league...a coaching failure more than personnel IMO 

Encouraging performance today from Ally. Good touch, good control and movement coupled with a nice goal. As he gets fully match sharp I think he will be real asset and our creative players will start to find his runs. 

Also, check out his interview on the OS...genuinely gutted with the result. This guy really cares 👍

• Like 1

Â