Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

13 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Thats the way it works for most of us isnt it? You fall in love with a player and then the team? I know Tony Daley made me a firm Villa fan rather than a mildly interested one. You develop a connection with a player and then you fall in love with the club. I imagine Grealish is doing that for a lot of local brummies right now, likewise some players from under represented countries who are talented. Happily we have a lot of them. I welcome our new fellow fans with open arms. I want to learn from them in better ways to support the player(s) and team.

Guess I'm the outlaw then. Villa Park and the kits is what made me fall in love with the club.

All I can say is that these fans had made a bad first impression on me. The slating of Grealish got to stop. He is the sole reason there is still hope for survival.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Guess I'm the outlaw then. Villa Park and the kits is what made me fall in love with the club.

All I can say is that these fans had made a bad first impression on me. The slating of Grealish got to stop. He is the sole reason there is still hope for survival.

I bet if they were slating Smith you be calling them experts ;)

• Haha 2

The claret and blue strips and the name Aston Villa, were what attracted me in the first place. The football we played back then in the early 90’s was exciting, we scored goals and challenged at the top but we weren’t the glory hunter’s favourites like Man Utd. 

Then I went to watch them play, and Villa Park blew me away. 

The connection with individual players came after that for me. Dean Saunders was my favourite at the time 😂 If Samatta is half as good as Deano was, I’ll be very happy. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I maybe the minority mate you make good points. Agree about slating Grealish or any player, if you get a bad egg then its fine, we have had a few over the years, but Grealish certainly is not one of them. Totally agree there/

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Thats the way it works for most of us isnt it? You fall in love with a player and then the team? I know Tony Daley made me a firm Villa fan rather than a mildly interested one. You develop a connection with a player and then you fall in love with the club. I imagine Grealish is doing that for a lot of local brummies right now, likewise some players from under represented countries who are talented. Happily we have a lot of them. I welcome our new fellow fans with open arms. I want to learn from them in better ways to support the player(s) and team.

Saunders, Atkinson, Ehiogu, Draper, Townsend, Yorke, Milosevic, Bosnich and more were what made me fall for Villa as a club. Big ron, little, Gregory were the managers i most liked apart from Smith now. But it wasn't just the players or managers who Villa grew on me, being born in WOLVES, in school there were wolves fans (obviously), a couple of man utd's, a Blackburn fan, Newcastle, Arsenal so on, but no one Villa. So yeah I wanted to be a rogue, an outcast, anyway I felt passion for Villa straight off the bat. loved the badge, the lion, the colours and the fact that i found a club to stick with and never change, not like alot of kids back then who glory supported. Victorys always felt real to me, so did the defeats unlike alot of the other lads who'd be all loud on wins and quiet on losses, I took victory and defeats to my heart and was always vocal on there matches. In my family I had an uncle who supported Wolves, a father who was a west Brom supporter and a grandad who was a walsall fan, bit crazy I know.

Yes I bet Mcginn, Grealish, Mings, Luiz and even some of our keepers have such a fan base now that it wouldn't surprise me if there's been a surge in fans joining the fan base because of a fair few of the players this season. You see i really like them all but the stand outs for me are Grealish (have last seasons shirt with his name on- thanks mum R.I.P.) Luiz, Target, i also like Steer and Pepe and guilbert.

Football is one of those sports where no matter whether your a fan or in the sport itself, I don't think the learning ever stops.

I think Samatta will be a hit here, to score in his second game but on his debut despite loosing, that's really good. Wait till he has learnt the teams and leagues I've a feeling Samatta will open woop ass. For the price if he can score double figures each season, ten million is a very exceptional buy indeed. With Samatta's goals, hopefully we will start picking up more wins now and we can start aiming out of the relegation scrap, so long as we do it I'll be happy. I think we should be expecting our lads to push it to the point they go out there and see what they can do, to give it there all and don't look back, anything less is unacceptable and anything more is just a good bonus if they can get that out of themselves. 

Still abit gutted we didn't bring one two to three more players though, I mean we let a few go out on loan, how many do we ha e registered exactly now, is it the 25??

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I agree and so does Samatta. He has come out and told these fans to stop having a go at team-mates. He posted it on twitter in Swahili. Luckily for you lot it's been translated to English (I can speak Swahili). The link below has both versions. 

https://www.goal.com/en/news/please-stop-abusing-aston-villa-my-teammates-samatta/exumasyckmku1aj4iuso1sdjf

“All fans from Tanzania I understand that all of you love me because I am your son. I also know that you would like to see me perform well with my new team but, here, I am making a request in a very humble way; stop criticising or abusing my fellow teammates or the team,” the former KRC Genk striker said.

“Personally, I am not happy with that at all.”

Hopefully that'll put an end to the slagging of other players. 

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

I’m getting tired of our Tanzanian “fans”. It was fun at first but I’m sick of every post being dominated by criticism of Grealish or just nonsense about Samatta. I get supporting the player and that’s fine but is it really necessary to slag off the captain and post shit like “SAMAGOOOOL 🇹🇿🇹🇿🇹🇿“ on a post about Eni Aluko or ticket sales????

On 04/02/2020 at 16:50, Spoony said:

I’m getting tired of our Tanzanian “fans”. It was fun at first but I’m sick of every post being dominated by criticism of Grealish or just nonsense about Samatta. I get supporting the player and that’s fine but is it really necessary to slag off the captain and post shit like “SAMAGOOOOL 🇹🇿🇹🇿🇹🇿“ on a post about Eni Aluko or ticket sales????

Well I've seen our own fans do similar like commenting about shit players and board being a joke, Smith being out of his depth etc on random Official Villa posts lol. Got to take the good with the bad I guess. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

12 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I agree that some people supports the club because of certain players. Especially us from overseas. I liked Villa at the beginning because of Angel and Melberg. At the same times I liked the colors and after reading the rich history I started to fall in love with the club. By the time, I found a small thread which was as an Arabic association for Villa fans. We've came to 10 or so then started to gradually be more. We had some who were just liking the team (but not supporting), but we came out with around 10-15 fans. Then we've gathered in whatsapp group and we're now around 20 most of us are hardcore Villa fans. The reasons were different for everyone, but you could since the love of the club. 

The thing with whats happening with Trez, Nakamba and Samatta is that most of them hasn't feel the love for the club yet. I think Trez is overshadowed with Salah anyway, and I don't see a huge future as a starter here. For Nakamba and Samatta they're the best players their countries has produced. I think they have potential with us. So I think the love of the club will grow with some of their fans. Any amount would be a great base to start from.

It's not easy to keep supporting a team without interacting with other fans. So having a base in Zimbabwe or Tanzania could help the club in setting up a lion club there. I think we'd get benefited from that in terms of number. 

Although I'm happy with what Samatta said, because the amount of rubbish comments are getting annoying. I think he himself could influence his fans and by time they can admire the club itself and like it more.

Really interesting to hear stories like this.

I’ve got more time for some lad in rural Africa who religiously watches every Villa game on TV than a part time Brummie who digs out the old Villa shirt for a Wembley weekend.

But equally I wouldn’t get too angry with the latter. It’s just a game. Hate when people turn it into a performative loyalty contest, especially on social media.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well I've seen our own fans do similar like commenting about shit players and board being a joke, Smith being out of his depth etc on random Official Villa posts lol. Got to take the good with the bad I guess. Lol

Like the whole "announce Mings" fiasco of the summer. People always highlight and exaggerate the faults of "outsiders", that's just how life is unfortunately.

• Like 2

On 03/02/2020 at 21:01, ciggiesnbeer said:

Or your born in to the Villa Family as I was. There was no choice. Either support Villa or go into care as my old man used to put it, "There will be no other team in my house".  I'm forth generation Villa stretching back to my great grandad at the beginning of the last century and before WW1. My own kids have also taken up the baton as it were.

Yeah, I have had favourite players over the years, from Zico all the way to Grealish now. Very seldom though have I supported a team because of a player. If so only in certain game situations which is hardly supporting. Unless you count wanting every team SHA play against to win?? I'd just follow the player no matter where they are at.  

I have followed many players but will only ever follow one team regardless of how good the players are. I think different generations have changed their views and kids support more the team of their favourite player. Thankfully mine haven't and it's totally militant where Villa is concerned. You either support us or get exiled!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Like the whole "announce Mings" fiasco of the summer. People always highlight and exaggerate the faults of "outsiders", that's just how life is unfortunately.

Hang on a sec, I don’t therefore condone the shite other Villa fans post like the announce Mings nonsense before you essentially brand me as a racist. I don’t discriminate who gets on my tits. This is just the current iteration of what is getting on my tits. Comments on any villa social media post at this moment are all nonsense posts about Samatta or slagging of Grealish. Yes, before it was announce Mings - either way it’s incredibly tiresome. Perhaps the answer is to just ignore social media entirely. 

Â