Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

It's actually harder than you'd think to find a decent video of the first goal.  It was a tap in from a corner.  The second one was an inexplicably free header where both centre halves were ball watching.  If this is the standard of opposition in Turkey then I expect Samatta to score for fun this season, but he's playing for a strong team in a weak league and making that distinction is important when comparing what he's doing out there to what he did in England. 

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Being reported that Club Bruge are interested in signing him.  Would be great if we can recover a bit of our outlay on him. 

I thought Fenerbahce already agreed to buy him after his loan

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I thought Fenerbahce already agreed to buy him after his loan

He's been shit in Turkey apparently. 

Villa would need to agree to cancel the agreement with Fenerbahce in order to sell to Brugge. 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's been shit in Turkey apparently. 

Villa would need to agree to cancel the agreement with Fenerbahce in order to sell to Brugge. 

I dread to be the Fenerbahce social media manager when the Samatta fan club hear this :P 

• Haha 1

Will be 2-3m or something. When was the last time a Belgian club spent 7m on a player?

I doubt he's going to do a Sorloth who Palace loaned to a random Turkish club, he then scored about 30 goals and Leipzig signed him for 20m although that would be good.

On 04/10/2020 at 23:35, nepal_villan said:

Scored 2 on his Turkish League debut.  Hope we have included some nice add-ons into the transfer agreement.

Hasn’t found the back of the net since.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Will be 2-3m or something. When was the last time a Belgian club spent 7m on a player?

I doubt he's going to do a Sorloth who Palace loaned to a random Turkish club, he then scored about 30 goals and Leipzig signed him for 20m although that would be good.

It's happened a few times in the last few years, but it's uncommon. And I doubt it would happen now with Covid draining the economy.

€4m-€5m would not be totally unrealistic, but more likely it will be another loan.

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Kemar Roofe cost Anderlecht £7m and he was a championship player

Samatta is proven in Belgium so it may be possible. 

• 5 weeks later...

He's definitely left hasn't he? I'm confused by the comments in here questioning how much we could sell for? I was just checking on how he was doing in Turkey and read it's a loan to buy which isn't optional 

22 hours ago, skarroki said:

He's definitely left hasn't he? I'm confused by the comments in here questioning how much we could sell for? I was just checking on how he was doing in Turkey and read it's a loan to buy which isn't optional 

I think it’s an obligation to buy. Everything I’ve read said his loan will be made permanent after this season for £5.4m. Basically so Fenerbahçe can fiddle their FFP declaration. 

• Thanks 1

On 26/12/2020 at 09:56, rodders0223 said:

I'd sell him for £2.60.

Unfathomable we signed this guy to score the goals to come us up.

Wouldn't get a game for SHA.

Hmmmm, I have a cunning plan 

On 26/12/2020 at 09:56, rodders0223 said:

Wouldn't get a game for SHA.

Have you ever watched the bloke they have upfront? I think I'd get s game down small heath. 

Edited by av1

Â