The Royal Family

Genie

On 31/05/2022 at 07:18, Risso said:

Well quite. Religion and the monarchy, no place for either of them in a modern world really. But if I had to choose, give me a largely ceremonial monarchy over an all pervasive religion, any day of the week.

That’s a very bold statement about religion. It plays a very important, and positive, role in millions (if not billions) of people’s lives.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MNVillan said:

That’s a very bold statement about religion. It plays a very important, and positive, role in millions (if not billions) of people’s lives.

But is that because they fear a “god”? 

13 hours ago, Genie said:

Orlando bruv.

We saw a crazy deal on Thursday, flew out Monday.

£1500 total for a week including flights from Birmingham, accommodation, luggage and transfers for 4 people.

We weren’t planning to go away but it was too cheap to say no to. We already had ESTA’s from a cancelled trip about 18 months ago.

That’s a damn good price for getting to Orlando!

Going there in September for a long delayed honeymoon so if you have any recommendations for food/attractions I would greatly appreciate it!  

5 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Take it to the religion thread. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Queenie is on the way out, age has caught up with her dramatically.

Will she stand aside for the nation's sweetheart, Charles?

She should have stood aside years ago. She is too old now. I think now that phillips gone this is all she has hence why she reluctant to step down.

Charles should step aside he wont be king for long. Just give it atraight to william. He will make a better king than charles anyway

Edited by Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

She should have stood aside years ago. She is too old now. I think now that phillips gone this is all she has hence why she reluctant to step down.

Charles should step aside he wont be king for long. Just give it atraight to william. He will make a better king than charles anyway

If Charles was still King at the age the current Queen is that would be 23 years. That's a fair old shift. As for William a better King than Charles, well they both have a military service record, adultery and a big house. I think they will be fine either one of them cutting ribbons and appearing on stamps. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Better still... orf with their heads

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'd be too embarrassed to wear all those military awards when all I'd achieved was being a bang average show jumper.

Always find the "military service" done by royals a bit weird. What are the odds that any of them were in any genuine danger for even a second? 

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

just had to be a Chelsea fan… like the kiss on the Chelsea flag - a club used to wash dirty Russian money!

what a muppet 😂

whilst loving the queen and Britain so much that for 5 minutes he stopped trying to conquer his own special corner of benidorm 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

just had to be a Chelsea fan… like the kiss on the Chelsea flag - a club used to wash dirty Russian money!

what a muppet 😂

What an absolute throbber

• Like 1

Â