The Royal Family

Genie

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's done it before hasn't he?

EDIT: Nope, he did attend with her though which is where my confusion came from

Yeah, I think she only missed two before when she was pregnant?

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Yeah, I think she only missed two before when she was pregnant?

Lizards only have a 90 day gestation period so what were the odds of her being up the duff and being unable to go for a Queens Speech twice in four pregnancies?

Just now, Davkaus said:

Hang in for another month, Queenie, I need that bank holiday weekend

If she doesn’t make it will it be double bubble? 

National mourning and the ones already in the calendar? They can’t take them back now surely?

Anyone else thinking the queens got some bigger health issues than they are leading on? I mean at 96 toyally normal if that was the case but she is pulling out of more events.

Maybe its time for her to pass on the duties to charles and she can take a step back to concentrate on herself 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

If she doesn’t make it will it be double bubble? 

National mourning and the ones already in the calendar? They can’t take them back now surely?

Aye but everything will be shut. 

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone else thinking the queens got some bigger health issues than they are leading on? I mean at 96 toyally normal if that was the case but she is pulling out of more events.

Maybe its time for her to pass on the duties to charles and she can take a step back to concentrate on herself 

She's done. Last week they started bracing us for her not being up to stand on the balcony during the jubilee next month. If they know weeks in advance she's probably not going to be able to stand and wave for a few minutes, the end is pretty close, I imagine. 

She's 96. A cold could kill her.

She's not going to stand down. She has been resolute that her entire life is to be spent in the role. At this point she might as well carry on even if she doesn't really want to add she can just dump any stuff she doesn't want to do and nobody is going to say anything, and let's face it it won't be long. Her mom only got 5 years further and she spent 50 years being waited on and in the bar at the geegees.

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

She's done. Last week they started bracing us for her not being up to stand on the balcony during the jubilee next month. If they know weeks in advance she's probably not going to be able to stand and wave for a few minutes, the end is pretty close, I imagine. 

Yeah i think so too. Maybe the death of her husband has had a major impact on her health. At 96 she has done the country  a remarkable service. Id be suprised if she is around in the next two years

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

Has she? Seems like she's taken it for a ride whilst foisting her ridiculous and dangerous family on us by way of celebrity

I was wondering how long it would take for VT to bite the moment I read that 😂

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I was wondering how long it would take for VT to bite the moment I read that 😂

I like the Queen. Wasn't her fault she was born into this life. I think she's done her 'duty' well. Yes its privileged, but it doesn't mean its easy and fun. Its no normal life and i'd say its a bit of life sentence. I wouldn't want to be part of it. 

• Like 1

Â