The Royal Family

Genie

12 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

What is the point of her being the Queen if she can't even attend her own party 

She gets to be queen.

I don't think there's been a purpose for there being a monarch for anyone other than the monarch for a couple of hundred years at least

Edited by Davkaus

13 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

What is the point of her being the Queen if she can't even attend her own party 

What's the point of her being the Queen if she can't look at the lineup and say "Nah, I'm giving that shite a miss and staying in to watch a DVD". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't really get the disrespect for the queen, she does what she does. Maybe it because her family did bad things 100 years ago, I dunno?

You must be new here :)

if the U.K. were a republic VT would be proposing we become a monarchy , that’s just the way it works here 

I’ve been away so missed most of the celebrations but looking forward to the street party with my neighbours tomorrow 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

You must be new here :)

if the U.K. were a republic VT would be proposing we become a monarchy , that’s just the way it works here 

I’ve been away so missed most of the celebrations but looking forward to the street party with my neighbours tomorrow 

A government, bunch of congressmen some of them 😂

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Disrespect? Does the royal family respect you and me? If I could meet her for a chat over a cuppa and I wasn't expected to bow and call her ma'am, just because of an accident of birth, she might earn as much respect as, oh I dunno, a nurse or a cleaner. 

But there's too many people like that, you disrespect them all.

I don’t think it’s a case of disliking the queen personally but rather what it is she represents, the absolute fulcrum of the elite in Britain.

Each member of the royal family is born into obscene wealth and standing without having to lift a finger for it (necessarily).

Yeah I know they do x amount for charity etc but to be honest, I’m sure they do that as much to break up the boredom of having feck all else to do as much as they do it for their royal duty.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

But there's too many people like that, you disrespect them all.

Sorry, don't know what you're trying to say. I'm on the same page as @bannedfromHandV. I disrespect the institution of the monarchy. 

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t think it’s a case of disliking the queen personally but rather what it is she represents, the absolute fulcrum of the elite in Britain.

Each member of the royal family is born into obscene wealth and standing without having to lift a finger for it (necessarily).

Yeah I know they do x amount for charity etc but to be honest, I’m sure they do that as much to break up the boredom of having feck all else to do as much as they do it for their royal duty.

Welcome to life. There are plenty of people out there, sons. daughters who don't have to work for a living, but I don't hold it against them.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Welcome to life. There are plenty of people out there, sons. daughters who don't have to work for a living, but I don't hold it against them.

We don't get told to bow to most of them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Will take a while to get rid of it but people are less and less accepting of the whole Royal Family thing. It is a load of nonsense but at the same time good luck to them, glad it's not me I'd absolutely hate it.

Â