The Royal Family

Genie

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Nobody is  condoning what Andrew has allegedly  done. 

"Allegedly"😂😂

He settled on 12 million so that it wouldn't go to court. That is not the action of an innocent man.

• Like 1

We’ve all paid £12 Million to someone we can’t remember, for something we never did, which we claim to have witnesses and an alibi for to prove our innocence.

I know I have several times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it’s a quirk of VT. You can make any kind of allegation you like about politicians and the royal family whether proven or not, but someone like a footballer and it’s a very strict banned topic due to the risk of litigation.

Edit: not a criticism of the moderating btw, maybe the risk of legal repercussions is much greater for some than others. 

Edited by Genie

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think it’s a quirk of VT. You can make any kind of allegation you like about politicians and the royal family whether proven or not, but someone like a footballer and it’s a very strict banned topic due to the risk of litigation.

Edit: not a criticism of the moderating btw, maybe the risk of legal repercussions is much greater for some than others. 

Guidelines - VillaTalk

no unsubstantiated accusations against any public figures

So far (just) people have abided.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

"Allegedly"😂😂

He settled on 12 million so that it wouldn't go to court. That is not the action of an innocent man.

Yes I know but he hasnt been found guilty in court so no matter what it looks like it still remains unproven. 

• Like 1

Saville. Never went to court. Never been found guilty. Fred West, never found guilty. Sometimes a court doesn't have to tell you someone is guilty. 12 million reason why Andrew was guilty. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Yes I know but he hasnt been found guilty in court so no matter what it looks like it still remains unproven. 

Him attending parties organised by sex traffickers isn't unproven though

A man in his position can't be anywhere near there regardless of what he got up to

He's a proper dodgy word removed 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Him attending parties organised by sex traffickers isn't unproven though

A man in his position can't be anywhere near there regardless of what he got up to

He's a proper dodgy word removed 

Of course but my original point was about Harry not attending his Grandfathers memorial over some seucurity issue, which I think is total nonsense. Its obvious that Meghan wears the trousers in that household. I know Andrew is dodgy to say the least but his mom is near the end of her life and him being there to support his mom is less newsworthy than Harry not bothering attending. 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its obvious that Meghan wears the trousers in that household. I know Andrew is dodgy to say the least but his mom is near the end of her life and him being there to support his mom is less newsworthy than Harry not bothering attending

OK, you don't read the Daily Mail. 

You read the Daily Express. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's bollocks

Harry is not allowed in the country because the police have deemed that his security team do not match the level of threat that surrounds him (someone pointed out before his team probably won't be allowed to be armed) he asked the police to provide security they said no, he offered to pay the police for his security they said no, he is taking the police to court over this but hes "not bothering" 

The nonce is and should be more news worthy, the press angling it towards meghan speaks volumes about our press

It's a very weird situation where a citizen of the UK who has committed no crimes isn’t allowed into the UK, ignoring the fact that this situation is a Prince and 7th (I think?) in line for the throne. 

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

It's a very weird situation where a citizen of the UK who has committed no crimes isn’t allowed into the UK, ignoring the fact that this situation is a Prince and 7th (I think?) in line for the throne. 

To be fair I think it's a weird situation that the police have this threat / security level on him 

Not sure who else it would apply to 

Edited by villa4europe

• 4 weeks later...
Â