Jump to content

The Royal Family


Genie
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter

Very interesting times at the moment.

Prince Andrew's involvement with convicted child abusers

Prince Philip looks to be on his last legs

Prince Harry trying to opt out of the family business and having showdown talks today with the boss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man who gets paid by his nan and his dad for doing **** all, wants to retire from doing **** all. 

The BBC are as bad as the tabloids for all of their worthless speculative crap. Someone must care but no one with a full set of marbles will. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Man who gets paid by his nan and his dad for doing **** all, wants to join the celebrity circus and earn even more money from doing **** all. 

FTFY

I expect their brand (urgh) to be huge, living abroad I've gained an appreciation for just how big the draw is on these 2, they're on the front of loads of stuff here, incredibly popular, that African thing was on prime time tv translated

my problem with it is 2 things 1) will he still get some sort of security service provided to him by the UK tax payer, I don't believe leaving and being cut off will ever involve a £0 contribution 2) he'll join the rest of them moaning on one hand that the media intrude in to their lives but on the other using the media to pay his bills

the timing of it is also perfect, how is harry and his wife a bigger story that Andrew being a nonce??

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

my problem with it is 2 things 1) will he still get some sort of security service provided to him by the UK tax payer, I don't believe leaving and being cut off will ever involve a £0 contribution 2) he'll join the rest of them moaning on one hand that the media intrude in to their lives but on the other using the media to pay his bills

I can understand concerns over continuing public money for subsistence and housing, but you can hardly begrudge him security as he didn’t exactly choose to be born into a family that meant he has major security risks and most of the world know his face.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

IMO the royal family shouldn't exist. 

they're the tip of the iceberg 

for all the vitriol aimed at them there are a lot of people creaming off their inherited estate making a lot of money very quietly putting far less back in 

people don't like it but the royals do serve a purpose, for all the chest beating and the empire rule Britannia nonsense that people cling on to they at least are the last international recognition of that, people who don't like them consider them irrelevant, I think its the opposite, they're one of the last pieces of relevance and reverence we have internationally 

don't underestimate their popularity abroad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
23 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I can understand concerns over continuing public money for subsistence and housing, but you can hardly begrudge him security as he didn’t exactly choose to be born into a family that meant he has major security risks and most of the world know his face.

I think that what this is actually all about (I thought this at the 'funky' wedding) is Harry making it clear that he knows full well that he is the son of James Hewitt, and actually no blood relation of the Buck House mafia at all. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

FTFY

I expect their brand (urgh) to be huge, living abroad I've gained an appreciation for just how big the draw is on these 2, they're on the front of loads of stuff here, incredibly popular, that African thing was on prime time tv translated

my problem with it is 2 things 1) will he still get some sort of security service provided to him by the UK tax payer, I don't believe leaving and being cut off will ever involve a £0 contribution 2) he'll join the rest of them moaning on one hand that the media intrude in to their lives but on the other using the media to pay his bills

the timing of it is also perfect, how is harry and his wife a bigger story that Andrew being a nonce??

There is a weird infatuation with them in Bulgaria too. Royal stories often top the TV news and I often get asked questions about what they're doing. To which my reply is often:

steve coogan shrug GIF

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

There is a weird infatuation with them in Bulgaria too. Royal stories often top the TV news and I often get asked questions about what they're doing. To which my reply is often:

yep same here, I can remember people in germany asking me about stuff after watching harry's wedding on TV, I didn't even know it was his wedding day

if I walked in the paper shop now I can almost guarantee Harry and Meghan would be on at least 50% of the gossip mags covers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yep same here, I can remember people in germany asking me about stuff after watching harry's wedding on TV, I didn't even know it was his wedding day

if I walked in the paper shop now I can almost guarantee Harry and Meghan would be on at least 50% of the gossip mags covers

Well the Saxe Coburg and Gotha Royal family are Krauts. With a bit of Stavros thrown in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Julian Fellowes couldn't make it up, literally. 

Sorry to hijack the thread, have you been to see the guy who has a bit of a shrine to you in Coventry. Really interesting guy.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
3 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

There is a weird infatuation with them in Bulgaria too. Royal stories often top the TV news and I often get asked questions about what they're doing. To which my reply is often:

steve coogan shrug GIF

 

That gif is my reaction to everything royal family related.

I don't hate them like a lot of people do. But I don't love them either. It's just a big meh from me.

It's the media coverage I dislike rather than the royal family themselves.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â