The Royal Family

Genie

I do find it hard to muster up much outrage about it all. I know I should.  Will willingly concede all the argument is on the side of republicanism, obviously, but meh, I feel its' going to die it's death eventually, though it will eke itself out in some low grade form for a generation or two yet. When the final remnants of decolonisation occur and charles brings about much greater antipathy it'll change. I feel like William and Kate are savvy enough to realise when it gets to them the monarchy if it is to exist will look radically different. 

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I do find it hard to muster up much outrage about it all. I know I should.  Will willingly concede all the argument is on the side of republicanism, obviously, but meh, I feel its' going to die it's death eventually, though it will eke itself out in some low grade form for a generation or two yet. When the final remnants of decolonisation occur and charles brings about much greater antipathy it'll change. I feel like William and Kate are savvy enough to realise when it gets to them the monarchy if it is to exist will look radically different. 

They need to cut back on the likes of this if they want to appear radically different.

B8967722-9DC4-4ADE-8001-E1176E864EA8.thumb.jpeg.fa4ea0d453db0eb613318d14a94783f8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ha, yes I know. I did have that in mind when I posted. Not exactly on the ball at the moment, but there are other moments, in interviews he seems reasonably switched on, not in a radical way, but enough to be aware that the mood is shifting. Maybe not though. That picture really isn't good by any stretch. Perhaps I'm being too generous to him.   Nevertheless, have to think once her Maj does pop,  things will accelerate mind. 

The monarchy just seems such an outdated concept to me, why are we celebrating a family of people that are only notable because of who their parents were? It makes even less sense than celebrating celebrities such as actors or musicians. 

I’ll take the bank holiday and be grateful for that, but I won’t watch a minute of the TV coverage. 

• Like 4

Maureen Lipman has stated her very strong loyalty and support for Royalty this week.

She feels before anyone criticises the royals we should all try walking a mile in their shoes, doing their job for a day.

I’m also a firm advocate of this rota system. I’d be happy to do my shift on July 18th if nobody else wants it?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Maureen Lipman has stated her very strong loyalty and support for Royalty this week.

She feels before anyone criticises the royals we should all try walking a mile in their shoes, doing their job for a day.

I’m also a firm advocate of this rota system. I’d be happy to do my shift on July 18th if nobody else wants it?

Can't volunteer for a while, unfortunately, I have a sprained wrist and will need physio to build up the muscles in that area before I could even attempt it.

On the positive side, my arse is already suitably padded

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Sorry that's my day, I've already booked the table at Pizza Express.

36 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My plantar fascitis is killing me at the moment, I can do a tour of a tarted up high street in the back of the Rolls but no red carpets. Preferably autumn. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

As long as I can walk in Williams shoes. Those heels Kate wears would destroy my feet. 

I'll spend my day in the chair providing benevolent funds in the millions to a lucky man in Birmingham who looks like Death and then setting up a British Investment Fund with some of the money in the palace coffers which will be an entirely independent entity looking to invest in football teams in Aston.

9 hours ago, Chindie said:

I'll spend my day in the chair providing benevolent funds in the millions to a lucky man in Birmingham who looks like Death and then setting up a British Investment Fund with some of the money in the palace coffers which will be an entirely independent entity looking to invest in football teams in Aston.

image.png.0e98ec3d60a0af6b4b3ec166139cf911.png

Â