The Royal Family

Genie

1 minute ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I don't think it is a matter of force, it is about emotional manipulation, with promises of celebrity parties, modelling jobs and film careers.

They play on their insecurites and are groomed into a state of emotional and psychological dependence, and then betrayed.

You are right but I do think there is an element of implied force that is unavoidable with the different power dynamics of the individuals involved. Even if no physical force or coercion actually happened she would have been aware on some level that a man of Epstein’s influence and resources could easily have cause her harm if he wanted to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eidolon said:

You are right but I do think there is an element of implied force that is unavoidable with the different power dynamics of the individuals involved.

Absolutely!

The power dynamics is what differentiates it and makes it a crime, where running off with a boyfriend of the same age, would probably be treated differently.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently the queen has Covid.

Just imagine if she carks it and it was Charles that gave it to her :D

If she does cark it, can we cancel the silly Thursday Bank Holiday and put it somewhere more useful

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Just imagine if she carks it and it was Charles that gave it to her :D

If she does cark it, can we cancel the silly Thursday Bank Holiday and put it somewhere more useful

The royalist godbotherers will all be praying for her. 

She might do well to shuffle off before WW3 breaks out. Buck House got bombed last time. 

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm hoping she makes it past that one so we get that plus a day of mourning and a coronation

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I'm hoping she makes it past that one so we get that plus a day of mourning and a coronation

These are just holidays you are forced to take when you don't want to but quite frankly with the amount of holidays I'm still owed from this year and last year it's unusually for me, of no consequence at all :D

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

So is Jamaica making noises/moves to remove Liz as head of state a big deal or not? To me it seems like it would be treated as such, but is it more of a symbolic thing?

The wheels are in motion it seems.

https://www.independent.co.uk/world/jamaica-queen-head-of-state-b2041296.html

Jamaica has already started the process of removing the Queen as head of state and will continue to work on this once the royal visit is over, political sources have told The Independent.

A senior figure within the government has been appointed with the primary aim of seeing the nation transition to republic status, they added.

“The government has had to start the process; the road to becoming a republic is not an easy one but they have long been coming under significant pressure to do it,” said another political source.

The matter was recently discussed at the “highest level” in government, The Independent understands.

News of the efforts to start uncoupling from the UK comes after earlier “anti-colonialism” demonstrations during a visit to Belize on Prince William and Kate’s Caribbean tour.

The Duke and Duchess arrived in the Jamaican capital this afternoon where campaigners protested against the visit, demanding reparations and apologies from the crown for slavery.

At least 350 activists gathered outside the British High Commission building holding signs with messages like “Princesses and Princes belong in fairytales… not in Jamaica” and “apologise”.

2 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Yeah I’m sure the wheels were getting ready to be put into motion, but it seems like the arrival of Will and Kate has prompted, or rather, galvanised the move.

Just curious as to the timing, and as I say, how much of a body blow is this to the firm.

13 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah I’m sure the wheels were getting ready to be put into motion, but it seems like the arrival of Will and Kate has prompted, or rather, galvanised the move.

Just curious as to the timing, and as I say, how much of a body blow is this to the firm.

Barbados did it last year and nobody gave a shit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't let it worry you Will. Your still more than welcome to VP anytime........................ as long as you bring Kate 😜

If you want to see a good looking woman sit still and do nothing of note for 2 hours your best bet is probably staring at a magazine.

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

So is Jamaica making noises/moves to remove Liz as head of state a big deal or not? To me it seems like it would be treated as such, but is it more of a symbolic thing?

It doesn't matter. It's just them deciding to shed off the last vestiges of being a colony. Britain already basically has nothing to do with the way Jamaica chooses to operate (and nor should we), so chucking the last bit of that history in the bin isn't a big issue.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

It doesn't matter. It's just them deciding to shed off the last vestiges of being a colony. Britain already basically has nothing to do with the way Jamaica chooses to operate (and nor should we), so chucking the last bit of that history in the bin isn't a big issue.

I suppose I meant how much of a slight would the royals themselves consider it.

15 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

As noted above, Barbados did it last year. The Palace obviously aren't thrilled - hence the supposed 'charm offensive' in this trip - but there's (rightly) nothing they can do about it, so.

I feel like they'd probably be more annoyed at 'losing' Jamaica than Barbados, though. I guess it was the key Carribbean possession in some ways.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Which genius thought this would be a great picture from the trip?

FOiODveWQAEHzOO?format=jpg&name=small

Jesus H. The optics aren't great here.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

Â