Tom13

On 24/11/2021 at 12:20, Mazrim said:

Get him back ASAP.

This kid is special and being treated like a joke.

What if he's actually not that " special " though?

The amount of " special " kids who come through and then fall down the league's are in the thousands I'm sure.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The amount of " special " kids who come through and then fall down the league's are in the thousands I'm sure.

He’s always look good to me but never really ‘special’. Carney on the other hand has that something special. 

• Like 1

If you're saying 'what if Barry isn't that special' then you might as well say it about any of our current highly rated youngsters, because we've only got what they've done at youth level to go by, none of them have performed at first team level yet, but a number of them, including Barry, have done enough for us to be very hopeful for them, as I said if we can't be hopeful for someone like Barry then might as well close the academy, he's arguably the best forward we've had in the academy since Grealish, how people can not rate what he's done at academy level is beyond me, unless they've only seen him a couple of times when he's happend to have off games.

I think it's really short sighted to write him off just because his loan with Ipswich hasn't worked out, are people completey ignoring the fact that after he went there they then went and signed another three or four attackers and not just any attackers, but players proven at championship level and another that had been playing Ligue 1, of course his chances were going to be limited after that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s always look good to me but never really ‘special’. Carney on the other hand has that something special. 

From what i've seen ( Obviously some people have seen alot more ) I still have Jacob Ramsey, Aaron Ramsey, JPB and now Archer, ahead of him as " special ". I've only seen " flashes " from Chuk.

Barry undoubtedly has the speed, ability to get around players and top notch finishing ability, however, it will eventually count for nothing if he can't perform with " Men ". ( Not like an R & B group or anything, on the pitch, obviously )

I've always said that, I often find the " overhyped " kids rarely live up to it, it's the hardworking creepers who tend to come out of nowhere and break through. IMO

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From what i've seen ( Obviously some people have seen alot more ) I still have Jacob Ramsey, Aaron Ramsey, JPB and now Archer, ahead of him as " special ". I've only seen " flashes " from Chuk.

Barry undoubtedly has the speed, ability to get around players and top notch finishing ability, however, it will eventually count for nothing if he can't perform with " Men ". ( Not like an R & B group or anything, on the pitch, obviously )

I've always said that, I often find the " overhyped " kids rarely live up to it, it's the hardworking creepers who tend to come out of nowhere and break through. IMO

Agree with this.

I've never been all that impressed with Barry tbh. A. Ramsey, Carney, Kessler and J. Ramsey will all turn out to be better players. Whether any of them turn in to regular PL players is still yet to be seen (J. Ramsey obviously off to a cracking start on that front!). 

• Like 1

I don't really have a strong opinion on any of our youth players. I just think a dose of skepticism is healthy. Feels like some people are way too sure that we have future PL superstars in the making. But professing any sort of doubt as to whether they'll make it immediately gets labelled as "writing them off".

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ah… Dan Crowley…

Thought he was Mr Big Spuds, ditched us for Arsenal and then his career went to shit…

Deserved 🤣

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There's no guarantee and the margins are so fine that the slightest thing can send a great talents career spiralling. I think he could be special and we need to give him every chance to be that. Stalling at a shithouse club that won't play him is not that.

• Like 2

It really isnt complicated. Paul Cook is a terrible manager.

At least at Ipswich which is where I have seen him over the past year or so. He has been given two of the most expensive squads in league one.

The first he inherited last year and he bomb squaded almost all of them because he didnt like that they couldnt play his only formation, he insists on playing his same rigid formation regardless of opposition or players.

So the new owners bought him a brand new expensive squad. Which he has also failed with. Plus star loans like Barry which he desperately wanted but then decided never to play.

With the best backing in League one he is currently 13th. Thats if you are just judging him on this season, if you include last season its even worse.

Apparently Ipswich's owners are over in a few weeks so they will likely boot him then and get in a competent manager.

If we ever See Paul Cook managing at league one level again I will be surprised. He is way out of his depth. He needs to go learn his craft in the lower leagues and earn the right to manage good players.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Thanks 2

I think the point is, he was loaned out to Ipswich to get game time. If he ain't playing that is down to the Cook being a ******. I also have it on good knowledge, there has now been a fall out with Cook and Barry will be back in January, he's not even being looked after in training and has learnt nothing.

• Like 1

some hilarious and aggressively cynical comments

promising youth player has failed loan at League One club, must mean he was sh*te all along and won't make it for Villa...

despite Archer almost being written off and forgotten after not managing to impress whilst on loan with a conference team

despite Harry Kane having a series of terrible loans, I think even Gabby was awful on loan...

But no he really pulled the wool over all our eyes, the goal against Liverpool and prolific scoring records at youth level and the signing for Barcelona were all an elaborate ruse

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Or maybe he isn't - youth development is weird, you can be a baller at 16 and at 18 you just disappear into lower leagues.

I hope he is special, but I haven't seen anything to back it up yet.

Nothing at all? He was picked for one of the most prestigious academies in the world, was instrumental in winning the youth Cup, scored a blinder against Liverpool and has looked head and shoulders above players in his age group. There's a reason we paid big money for him as a child.

Nobody has said he's guaranteed to be a success because that would be daft. But has he down he can be special? Yes, no doubt in my mind. Don't let the great judgement of mighty Ipswich cast a shadow on that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Nothing at all? He was picked for one of the most prestigious academies in the world, was instrumental in winning the youth Cup, scored a blinder against Liverpool and has looked head and shoulders above players in his age group. There's a reason we paid big money for him as a child.

Nobody has said he's guaranteed to be a success because that would be daft. But has he down he can be special? Yes, no doubt in my mind. Don't let the great judgement of mighty Ipswich cast a shadow on that.

Lets not discount how big a club Ipswich are…

They are a big club in the grand scheme of things…

The fact that their manager is a complete knob and pissed 6 months of a promising youth players development up the wall isn’t Ipswich’s fault…

Hang on… What am I defending Ipswich for?!

Richard Wright assaulted Luc Nilis and wrote off his career…

**** em!

• Haha 1

It's possible that Barry is a special talent AND isn't ready yet for men's football. There's an obsession on here sometimes with being the first to call something. It'll be a couple of years before we know what his level is, but he's obviously a very gifted footballer.

Hard to see what he's getting out of this loan move, though. Time to bring him back?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

Lets not discount how big a club Ipswich are…

They are a big club in the grand scheme of things…

The fact that their manager is a complete knob and pissed 6 months of a promising youth players development up the wall isn’t Ipswich’s fault…

Hang on… What am I defending Ipswich for?!

Richard Wright assaulted Luc Nilis and wrote off his career…

**** em!

They're not a big club in anyway. They were successful about 40 years ago maybe? In my entire life time they've had one competent season and that was 20 years and they got relegated immediately after.

Â