Tom13

Never heard of him, the thing that surprises me most though is this:

The Northern Irishman, who joins from Manchester United where he was a first-team coach, has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal at Portman Road and becomes the 19th manager in the Club’s history.

19 permanent managers in their history, going back to 1936, that's fairly noteworthy, especially considering they've had 5 in the last 4 years. For reference, 19 permanent Villa managers takes you back to Sir Graham Mark 1 in the mid 80s.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

19 permanent managers in their history, going back to 1936, that's fairly noteworthy, especially considering they've had 5 in the last 4 years. For reference, 19 permanent Villa managers takes you back to Sir Graham Mark 1 in the mid 80s.

Last owner really hadnt a clue and probably did a lot of cultural damage to the club. He went through nearly half of them

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

not sure if this will impact at all.

Is it just me who thinks the Ipswich social media team have purposefully stuck a photo up of him in a utd jacket thinking that will automatically get a nod of approval rather than a who the **** is he?? 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m not sure how you could possibly know that, given that it’s highly unlikely that you’ve ever met him or watched him train? He’s impressed a lot of people at AVFC and most people have been enthused about the handful of TV games  he’s appeared in. As have the lads who have watched his progress in the youth ranks. Never mind we’ll just put it down to a baseless opinion….. Again. 

Got no drive or hunger yet if you follow his insta you'll see that he spends his summers working out with PTs and pays for his own dietician/chef to get stuff sent over to him at Ipswich... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think this is agreat period for him in terms of showing Barry what the future could look like for him depsite all of his early promise. He fails to make it at Villa, then being out of the matchdat squad entirely at a mid-table League One club leads to League Two football and sliding down the pyramid and out of football. It's a path followed by the vast majority of young talents who haven't developed along the lines hoped for. That he has experienced this side of the coin will tip him one way or the other. Work hard to succeed, or fail. 

• Like 1

On 16/12/2021 at 22:37, Davkaus said:

On a similar note, West Ham have an interesting managerial history. First manager was appointed in 1902.

John Lyall, who was manager when I first started following football, in the late 80's, was only their 5th manager at that point! 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

On 16/12/2021 at 22:37, Davkaus said:

They’ve had three longish term appointments. Bobby Robson was with them for 13 years, George Burley for 8 and Mick McCarthy for 6. As you say, In the past four years it’s all gone a bit pear-shaped for them.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2021 at 20:05, foreveryoung said:

My pals son hangs about with him and is good mates. He's a grafter don't worry about that, he's on a strength and conditioning course to get him up to the level required for playing top level football. He was due back in Jan, weather that will change now with the new management I'm not sure, I probably see my pal tomorrow, so will see if his son has any info.

I wouldn't worry about this lad, to everyone that knows him, he's going places and not a 'dosser' as Fury would say.

Come on then, where's the update?

On 17/12/2021 at 19:49, Xela said:

He's only 18, he's got plenty of time to develop. I wouldn't worry too much about him at the moment. 

Easy to forget Harry Kane struggled to play in a few of his loans.

Move to Ipswich hasn't worked out, it happens.

If likes of Swindon are interested that will be a good move I'm sure unless they also have about 765 strikers in their squad like Ipswich seem to.

This is where Jedinak earns his money I think. Getting Louie a good loan move where he has realistic chance to play if he trains well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

This is where Jedinak earns his money I think. Getting Louie a good loan move where he has realistic chance to play if he trains well.

Agree with Jedinak, needs to get him out of there and in to somewhere else where they'll actually use him whilst at the same time making sure Barry keeps his chin up and keeps working hard 

Jedinak needs to look after the mental side of him too, I bet it's a massive battle for him not to be low right now but that kind of thing can turn this is to being actually worthwhile 

Â