Tom13

On 10/10/2021 at 16:38, foreveryoung said:

They signed Barry on his reputation, he's outa there in Jan though, not sure where to, but it's already been discussed and they are not happy with Cook at all. But believe me, he has been grafting in training and has proved himself, but still cook refuses to play him in the first team.

Second part is interesting. You itk?

On 10/10/2021 at 12:33, sir_gary_cahill said:

Wasn’t it League 1 for Grealish? I could be wrong on that 1

Maybe, I thought it was Divison 2 though as Jacks been quoted saying they were fighting for their livelihoods and I'm sure I remember back at the time thinking it would be mad if a club like Notts fell out of League football. But maybe I'm wrong and it was League 1

On 11/10/2021 at 12:36, Exeter Fan Too said:

Loving the recent bits of this thread.

To make the point about youth far less wittily, there is the example of Ollie Watkins compared to Barry. When he was *older* than Barry, he struggled to get into a League *Two* (not League One) *squad* (squad, not team). So had to go on loan to non league, *sixth* tier of English football (not third tier) just as he turned 19. Seems to have done OK since though.

Great example

11 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Unplayed yet again. Never given an opportunity. He must surely be triggering any recall clause at this point? We cant let Ipswich waste six months of our players career.

Perhaps he’s not impressed in training, or he’s not showing the attitude that they want. There could be any number of reasons that he’s not getting selected.

At 4-0 up with 15 minutes to go, they'd surely be in a comfortable enough position to bring him off the bench if they were interested in having a look at him - they've instead replaced three attacking players with three other substitutes - it suggests that he's a long way from consideration as a potential starter and not in the managers mid in terms of changing it off the bench.

If he's seventh choice for three places, we should probably be thinking about another host for him.

• Like 4

Ashley Preece already said a couple weeks ago that there's a Plan B to send Louie to League 2 in January.

That being the case I can't see Ipswich bothering to use him unless needed as better off spending the time and resources on somebody they'll have for the season or their own permanent signings.

Shame for Louie but is what it is.

Hopefully that's wrong and they find some time for him but can't see it now really save for a injury crisis

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Need to be loaning to L2 in January with as close to an appearance promise as possible. 

Paul Cook has well and truly done Villa over with this one. 

His priority isn’t Villa though, he has to look after his and his clubs interests. 

Barry, would still be learning a lot from this, hopefully gets some game time and then in January, when we can, we recall him and get him out somewhere else.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Ashley Preece already said a couple weeks ago that there's a Plan B to send Louie to League 2 in January.

That being the case I can't see Ipswich bothering to use him unless needed as better off spending the time and resources on somebody they'll have for the season or their own permanent signings.

Shame for Louie but is what it is.

Hopefully that's wrong and they find some time for him but can't see it now really save for a injury crisis

Would imagine Walsall would be option, perhaps Port Vale aswell. Stays local and can perhaps play for us in some under 23 games (think there's some rule you can do that even if you're on loan somewhere else).

I wasn't too concerned a few weeks back but if he isn't even coming on when they're 4 up that shows he won't be playing much unless they have big injury crisis.

16 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Need to be loaning to L2 in January with as close to an appearance promise as possible. 

Paul Cook has well and truly done Villa over with this one. 

How has he done us over? He sees Barry everyday and if he doesn't rate then thats it. If he plays Barry 46 games and he gets 2 goals he gets sacked 

Its a big difference for him financially getting sacked than a Premier League manager getting sacked 

13 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Too much hype around him from a very young age. It cannot be helping.

I think so, not his fault though but some people are overhyping him for his age

Just let him play

16 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

His priority isn’t Villa though, he has to look after his and his clubs interests. 

Barry, would still be learning a lot from this, hopefully gets some game time and then in January, when we can, we recall him and get him out somewhere else.

You'd think so - he's in a position that will test his character and resolve. Does he have the determination and fortitude to fight for his place? Is he doing enough in training? Was he under the impression that he could just saunter into the first team? 

A loan to a lower league side has many sides to it and the growth of a player isn't just linked to getting minutes. Obviously, we'd all prefer it if he'd been smashing it all this time, but there could be a lot of valuable lessons being learned. 

• Like 4

Â