Tom13

43 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A wasted year. 

No development at all. 

Not necessarily 

Hopefully at the very least he's seen what it's all about and what's required, had a taste of the future that he doesn't want, any notion of being an ex barca wonderkid who will make it at villa should be long gone 

Depends on him on how he reacts to it, if he doesn't come back with fire in his belly then yeah it's a waste but I don't see it, could be good for him 

• Like 4

He hasn't quite wasted a year, he's only been at Ipswich since August so about four months, some of our other academy players are just back from injury after being out for longer than that. Barry himself missed pre-season and then the start of last season so that must have been around four months.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Not necessarily 

Hopefully at the very least he's seen what it's all about and what's required, had a taste of the future that he doesn't want, any notion of being an ex barca wonderkid who will make it at villa should be long gone 

Depends on him on how he reacts to it, if he doesn't come back with fire in his belly then yeah it's a waste but I don't see it, could be good for him 

Absolutely. Much like villalad, there's a lot he can learn.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Na. I bet he can use a washing machine now and cook chicken nuggets.  

As daft as it sounds youre not wrong 

It'll be the first time away from home as a man with his money is pocket and not playing football, it is big a lesson 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 01:24, ciggiesnbeer said:

Ipswich should not be a league one side at all. Let alone for 3 years. 

Anyway Barry played well there and could have helped them. Sadly Cook was crap and didnt even have him in the squad. 

He played 132 minutes all season and got no goals or assists. How did he play well 🤔

His stats for the games are poor too. Had 4 shots in the cup game and his passing in the league games was just over 50 percent 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exeter Fan Too said:

Or send him down to Exeter...he'd get plenty of game time and a big opportunity!

Exeter's 'play every minute' striker (Nombe) did his hamstring just over a week ago and is out for a few months. In his absence we've lost more games than the rest of the season before that.The alternative options are very limited - the on loan reserve turns 34 soon and has limited availability, whereas the club's youngsters in that position aren't yet ready. Exeter have a good record with loan players going on to play in the Premiership and Championship.

You know it makes sense!

If only it was up to us fans… although to be honest I doubt we could agree if it was! 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

He played 132 minutes all season and got no goals or assists. How did he play well 🤔

His stats for the games are poor too. Had 4 shots in the cup game and his passing in the league games was just over 50 percent 

132 minutes, my goodness, shoulda scored 10+ and got at least 20 assists in all that time, especially with the quality Ipswich have got. Kick him out to the conference🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There has to be a reason he doesn’t play. If he’s not applying himself or just isn’t good enough yet (obviously just speculating, he might just be unfit or they just don’t fancy him in the system) this might focus the mind a bit. 

On 14/12/2021 at 17:40, foreveryoung said:

132 minutes, my goodness, shoulda scored 10+ and got at least 20 assists in all that time, especially with the quality Ipswich have got. Kick him out to the conference🤣

Nobody is writing him off based on 132 minutes, that would be silly. Every bit as silly as talking about how well he played in 132 minutes, as the poster did that @Zatman was replying to.

• Like 1

On 14/12/2021 at 09:40, foreveryoung said:

Quite right but honestly I have given up. Some fans simply cant accept that Barry did nothing wrong and that Cook and Ipswich were a shambles.

It is what it is, when he goes elsewhere in January we will see him play again and it will stop all this desperation to invent faults in him.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

On 14/12/2021 at 19:17, Spoony said:

There has to be a reason he doesn’t play. If he’s not applying himself or just isn’t good enough yet (obviously just speculating, he might just be unfit or they just don’t fancy him in the system) this might focus the mind a bit. 

They signed a load of players for that position in the end. They didn't have many options when we sent Barry where but I believe they ended up signing quite a few.

Then the season didn't start as they'd hoped and they were up against it and looking like relegation mighty be on the cards if they didn't turn it round so didn't want to play the teenager.

Then we made noise that we're recalling him and sending him to League 2 if he doesn't play and I assume they just decided 'whats the point in playing him if he's going back anyway' so now he's being ghosted until Jan when we'll do exactly that

Â