Tom13

They're allowed nine subs in the FA Cup and they still didn't name him on the bench. Maybe he's injured I notice in the week he put on his instagram a clip of some of his Villa goals and two emoji things, an arm flexing and a timer, which I took to mean he's either counting down to returning to us, or returning to fitness. Either way he doesn't seem to be bitter towards Ipswich as you seem him posting their postive results on his instagram and other Ipswich related stuff.

• Like 1

Caught the second half on, just been taken off, didn't do much but saying that you could see him getting in right positions on the shoulder of last defender but the lack of quality players on the same wavelength can really be seen

• 2 weeks later...

Another loss in the bag for Paul Cook. Barry hasnt even been in the matchday squad for months.

Paul Cook is an awful manager who has wasted half a seasons worth of our players development.

The club is bringing Barry back in January but it should have been weeks ago.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

16 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Get him back ASAP.

This kid is special and being treated like a joke.

and whats your plan for him?

Best to send out to another club. Maybe Solihul Motors or something 

On 24/11/2021 at 01:02, ciggiesnbeer said:

Another loss in the bag for Paul Cook. Barry hasnt even been in the matchday squad for months.

Paul Cook is an awful manager who has wasted half a seasons worth of our players development.

The club is bringing Barry back in January but it should have been weeks ago.

Yet Paul Cook helped develop one of England and Europes most in form players and was praised by thst player 

Maybe Barry isn't League 1 standard yet 🤔

Edited by Zatman

6 hours ago, messi11 said:

and whats your plan for him?

Best to send out to another club. Maybe Solihul Motors or something 

Yeah get him back and send him out to a club that will play him. Maybe Sytner or Evans Halshaw. He's easily good enough for a Championship club though.

Who'd have thought signing about a dozen players in one window would have a negative impact.

Say what you want about him being ready or too small. He's not been given a chance and was never going to get one with that transfer policy.

Absolute waste of time for all involved and its pretty disrespectful. 

Like Van Der Beek currently at United and all the talk there. The very least you deserve is a chance to stake your claim. Especially at a side that is losing all.the.time.

Edited by rodders0223

I don't think we will be very pleased with Ipswich over this, we sent him to them on loan and then after that they went and signed

Sone Aluko a proven championship player,

Kyle Edwards who helped Albion get promoted, most would have expected him to get another championship team, I'd be very surprised if he didn't get offers,

Celina a player that was playing in Ligue 1 last season.

Three players that play out wide, which is where Barry would have had the best chance of playing for them, If we knew they were going to do that I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have sent him there on loan. Sunderland were also interested in him, makes me wonder if Ipswich took him in part to stop that from happening.

I'd be tempted not to bother sending him out on loan in the second half of the season, he's still very young, so if need be can go out on loan next season, keep him in the U23s and let him get some confidence back, who knows if we have a good draw in the FA Cup there might be an opportunity for us to give him some game time with the first team.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Get him back ASAP.

This kid is special and being treated like a joke.

Or maybe he isn't - youth development is weird, you can be a baller at 16 and at 18 you just disappear into lower leagues.

I hope he is special, but I haven't seen anything to back it up yet.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Or maybe he isn't - youth development is weird, you can be a baller at 16 and at 18 you just disappear into lower leagues.

I hope he is special, but I haven't seen anything to back it up yet.

Yeah my thoughts as well.

Could be a case of wrong place at the wrong time, or he just isn't good enough. We've witnessed far greater talents at his age disappear into the conference. 

Edited by pas5898

Last season we had the best academy team in the country and best academy team we've had as a club in years, probably decades. Barry was comfortably one of the best players in that team, alongside Aaron Ramsey, Kesler-Hayden, and Chukwuemeka, Chukwuemeka the only one of those who you could say with any certainty was better than him, and even that was more down to consistency rather than Chukwuemeka being particularly the more talented player.

Not sure what more Barry could have done to convince people that he's a very promising player, when he's been given a chance he's been a standout performer, he even scored against Liverpool's first team.

He ultimately might not make it, but if we can't be hopeful about his prospects, given what he's shown, then we might as well close the academy, because it won't be often that we produce players as promising as him let alone more promising. He only turned eighteen this year, way too early to be writing him off.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Reece James had a loan spell under Cook and went straight into the Chelsea team on his return 

Oh ok. Does that mean Sherwood is a great coach as well for how Grealish played under him? ;)

On a serious note I have no idea if Barry is good enough for league 1.  But if he’s not going to ever play it’s pointless him being there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Oh ok. Does that mean Sherwood is a great coach as well for how Grealish played under him? ;)

On a serious note I have no idea if Barry is good enough for league 1.  But if he’s not going to ever play it’s pointless him being there.

Cook is miles better but the allegation that he is sabotaging Barry is a joke. Guy has always played youth if they are good enough

Â