Tom13

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

They've not done anything of note in 20 years except hire garbage managers and play garbage football. They've a rubbish club just like Villa were 5/10 years ago.

They're signing young players just because they can and allowing them to stagnate.

This sounds precisely like Villa to me, the  difference is we seem to have the owners, financial structure and vision in order to compete at the top end of the Premier League. Sadly, I don’t know anything about Ipswich Town’s owners

• Like 2

They signed Barry on his reputation, he's outa there in Jan though, not sure where to, but it's already been discussed and they are not happy with Cook at all. But believe me, he has been grafting in training and has proved himself, but still cook refuses to play him in the first team.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

League 2 loan was brilliant for Grealish.

And even still Barry has only recently turned 18. Another loan or two a bit further up the pyramid could well be the plan. Might not always be the case that one League 1 Loan was going to suddenly make him a regular starter at Villa

I am pretty sure an 18 year old Grealish would have been a regular for Ipswich..

Even back then he was a freak of nature.

22 hours ago, useless said:

Practically days after we loan them Barry they went and signed Kyle Edwards, Edwards played a significant role in helping Albion get promoted ihe season before, so it was a surprise that he went to a League One side and not a championship club, they then went and signed Bersant Celina, a player who played thirty-two games in Ligue 1 last season, if we'd have known that they were going to go and buy two more left wingers, I don't think we would have loaned him to them, bearing in mind that left wing is the position that Barry mostly played last season and his best chance of gettig into the Ipswich side.

I don't really get the idea that he's not applying himself, just because a player isn't getting in a team it shouldn't lead to suspicions that they're not applying themselves, we've got players in our squad that can't get in our team, and so it's the same with players in every squad.

Also don't really get it when people say that he has to learn to fight for his place, as if he doesn't already know that, or as if he's had it easy up until now, it wasn't for nothing that he did well enough at Albion to get a move to Barcelona, who fought off competition from Paris Saint Germain for his signature, and then we signed him despite Barcelona wanting to keep him and other top clubs in this country wanting to sign him, and then him doing as well as he did with us last season, all that doesn't come easy, or without hard work and him having the right application.

There could be any number of reasons for him not getting much game time, they genuinely may not rate him, they may rate him but think he's not ready, the manager might be scared to risk playing someone so young, especially when there are question marks over his future, it might be the manager thinking that he's making some sort of statement by showing that he's not scared to leave out a player on loan from a premier league side, or it might just be that he's genuinely been injured. Strange that he was left out today, as by all accounts he played well when he came on in midweek, Cook even praised him after the game.

something not quite right whatever it is.....get him back if we can, to where he has some interest in him.

Things like this do happen sometimes, no harm done, good experience of a bad experience.

He is an interesting case…there was so much hype and expectations around him when he joined us from Barca when he was around 16. Hey, many fans were calling to include him in the first team after that Liverpool game.

The thing is, for 99% of 16-17 year olds, you just cannot predict if they gonna make it big in the game or not, regardless how talented they seem to be. There’s so many variables (injuries, attitude, luck, etc). For every Rooney or Bellingham who blossom early, there is 99 talented academy players.

I have no idea if Barry will ever make it, but we shouldn’t expect he has a bigger chance than any other youngster we have. Just look at Archer, he suddenly appeared out of nowhere, without any hype or expectations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Credit Dean Smith really

Totally right and I think this gets overlooked. You can’t just expect these players to just get older by themselves, it takes a lot of work on the training ground.

• Haha 4

There is a lot of truth been written on here tonight.  Let's face it Pele is generally considered the greatest player of all time and he's eighty now. 

I mean that's pretty old in anyone's book. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

There is a lot of truth been written on here tonight.  Let's face it Pele is generally considered the greatest player of all time and he's eighty now. 

I mean that's pretty old in anyone's book. 

The really impressive thing about Pele though is that he isn’t getting any younger.

It’s witchcraft.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 21:10, a m ole said:

Credit Dean Smith really

shame the media don't recognise that. when watkins gets his big move to city, pep will be hailed as the reason he's gotten to the age he is

Â