Tom13

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lot difference between criticism and calling somebody lame which you did and yes young players are immune from criticism up to a point considering they are still learning 

Who is to say it wont happen to Barry or Kesler if they cost us a game

I thought he was lame and the mistake from him was lame. I didnt call him names  write him off and say never play fir the club again. So making this point is wierd.

I think many fans, under estimate the physical side of the game, its like the talent can make up for it, based on Youth football....er unlikely, but great if they can.

When they can do it against hairy arsed, premier league players, thats the time to take notice.

At some stage, we have to find out.....players like Saka, Bellingham & Smith-Rowe are sparkling in the top company at young ages.....we have to find out at some stage whether our lads can take their talent to the same level.

When that time is, I have no idea....but the day has to come, where they sink or swim.

In the past, we have seen expected youth players, with high hopes, go 18,19,20,21 and still no sign of the first team.....we need to see them in the first team, before we can get excited.

• Like 1

Lock him in to my FPL team for the next 15 years. 

Brilliant free kick, although a less demoralised keeper might get closer to that. Really good for him to be playing in a confident side full of goals surrounded by quality players. Would like to see him on the bench for a few first team games as we get toward the end of the season. Training with Watkins would do him good too, in the same way that Ollie will have benefitted from training with Kane at England.

6 hours ago, brummybloke said:

15 or 20 minute run out a few times this season, problem is do you take ollie off as davis will get even more demoralised if he gets overlooked for a youth player.

I know people seem to think the moment we move Ollie wide he will never score a goal again and will rage quit the club, but it really is a decent option that would allow both Barry and Davis to play a part from the bench.

35 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I know people seem to think the moment we move Ollie wide he will never score a goal again and will rage quit the club, but it really is a decent option that would allow both Barry and Davis to play a part from the bench.

IF we see barry anytime soon i'd keep ollie in the middle and play barry wide. barry would get bullied by PL centre halfs

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/04/2021 at 15:40, The Fun Factory said:

Smith might give him a 10 minute run out in the last game of the season but that's it. I suspect he will probably go out on loan to a club next season maybe some one like Harriers.

Next season could be interesting for the lad.

Kiddy aren't even in the national league these days are they? Got to be loaning him out much higher than that? Cameron Archer went to mid table national team and has done o.k in disrupted season, personally think they'll be league 1 teams interested in him.

Because of his reputation at youth level and the fact that he's a goalscorer I think there's a good chance that Barry will have interest from championship clubs. But can see us keeping him around at least until January, maybe give him some game time in the League Cup.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

We are obsessed with getting our kids out on loan - and I am one who does think that - but not everybody needs to as proven by Foden.

From what I have seen, I think the key with Barry is probably to build up his physique and strength.  The best way to do that with him might be to put him on a programme with Ollie Stevenson - this has clearly worked for Jack who looks a proper athlete now.  So leave him at BH for another 12 months.  He's quite high profile and it feels like he's been around for ages/is knocking on a bit, but the kid is not 18 until next month so doesn't need to be in a hurry to go out and get kicked by grown men! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Kiddy aren't even in the national league these days are they? Got to be loaning him out much higher than that? Cameron Archer went to mid table national team and has done o.k in disrupted season, personally think they'll be league 1 teams interested in him.

I can definitely see this.  I think they have a good relationship with the Villa and have helped us in the past and it's not to far from home/BH. Even closer to me so happy to do the player liaison.

Edited by barry'sboots

2 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

We are obsessed with getting our kids out on loan - and I am one who does think that - but not everybody needs to as proven by Foden.

From what I have seen, I think the key with Barry is probably to build up his physique and strength.  The best way to do that with him might be to put him on a programme with Ollie Stevenson - this has clearly worked for Jack who looks a proper athlete now.  So leave him at BH for another 12 months.  He's quite high profile and it feels like he's been around for ages/is knocking on a bit, but the kid is not 18 until next month so doesn't need to be in a hurry to go out and get kicked by grown men! 

Difference is City can afford to give foden a run out because the rest of their team is class. He does need a loan. In case you hadn't noticed our best player went out on loan and is the only one from his age group who has done anything. 

8 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Difference is City can afford to give foden a run out because the rest of their team is class. He does need a loan. In case you hadn't noticed our best player went out on loan and is the only one from his age group who has done anything. 

I didn't say that he wouldn't benefit from a loan.  I just said that (1) not everybody needs a loan - I'm not sure why the rest of your team being class makes a difference on this?; and (2) Barry is still very young and might benefit from staying at BH and working with Ollie Stevenson on his physique for 12 month rather than going out on loan at this stage.  He could still go out on loan next summer - when he would be roughly the same age as Jack would have been when he went out to Notts County.  And Jack was probably pretty robust for an 18 year old - so could take the knocks from men's football better - due to his upbringing with gaelic football.

I am generally an advocate of loans.  I would like to see Jacob Ramsey and Keinan Davis get out on loan next season to a top championship club next season and get 30-40 league starts under their belt and see what they can do.

Doesn't need a loan, needs some first team game time he can make the step up easy. When you have a kid scoring against the champions the way he did, you know you have something special and special players need to flourish and be set free not held back in any way whatsoever.

Â