Tom13

8 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

With Trez being injured I would now play Barry as the left sided forward. He has done the role before and I think he is up to it. Literally anything has to be better than seeing AEG named in the starting 11 again. 

I think we’d more likely see Philogene-Bidace on the left and Traore on the right if Smith thought a youngster was needed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I think we’d more likely see Philogene-Bidace on the left and Traore on the right if Smith thought a youngster was needed. 

Could live with that. Anything other than AEG. 

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Could live with that. Anything other than AEG. 

I don't really get this hate. First touch when he came on was a sublime cross. He tracked back far more effectively than Traore. He didn't set the world alight. But feels like the bloke can't win unless he scores with many here. He's a good, yet streaky and confidence player! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dale said:

I don't really get this hate. First touch when he came on was a sublime cross. He tracked back far more effectively than Traore. He didn't set the world alight. But feels like the bloke can't win unless he scores with many here. He's a good, yet streaky and confidence player! 

Goals invariably mask over a players overall performance.

AEG is too hit and miss.....its more a case of looking a bit deeper.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dale said:

I have nothing against him personally but he is just so bad. He gives the ball away so easily. He gets knocked off the ball by people much smaller and weaker than him. He rarely beats his man and please don’t get me on his heading. Has there ever been a more ineffectual six foot plus professional footballer in the air. He must close his eyes because more often than not it hits his shoulder or back. He offers nothing at all. He has no future at Villa. Therefore we may as well play a kid who may have.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He must close his eyes because more often than not it hits his shoulder or back.

Yes but that back and shoulders scored the most important goal in recent years at Wembley in the Play Off Final!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Second striker to Watkins next season, he's a bloody natural and can/should easy make the first team on the bench..

He's surpassed the U23s I reckon, he's just to damn good.

I don't think he'll play as a striker through the middle initially, as is often the case with forwards of his type there's a good chance he will play wide to begin with, he plays there often for the U23s, played there today, and also plays wide for England U18s, so it's not even if it's a position that he's unfamiliar with, in fact I think he's played wide more than upfront this season. He and Philogene-Bidace will come into contention for a place on the bench after Trezeguet's injury.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think he'll play as a striker through the middle initially, as is often the case with forwards of his type there's a good chance he will play wide to begin with, he plays there often for the U23s, played there today, and also plays wide for England U18s, so it's not even if it's a position that he's unfamiliar with, in fact I think he's played wide more than upfront this season. He and Philogene-Bidace will come into contention for a place on the bench after Trezeguet's injury.

Agreed, he looks to me like a David Villa kind of player, playing as an kind of inside left striker.  Obviously a long way to go before he can be that good though.

• Like 1

On 11/04/2021 at 19:39, S-Platt said:

Yes but that back and shoulders scored the most important goal in recent years at Wembley in the Play Off Final!  

so one goal defines a players career?

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Second striker to Watkins next season, he's a bloody natural and can/should easy make the first team on the bench..

He's surpassed the U23s I reckon, he's just to damn good.

I think it's a bit of a premature shout Dave.

I would like him to slowly get a few appearances here or there where possible and take it from there.

There is no doubting though that he is going to be a sensation for us for years to come.

Â