Tom13

18 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't want to sound like a scrooge but I don't really like it when other teams' fans (i.e. Liverpool) hijack these things.  That guy for Crawley will never pull anything like that off in such a big game for the rest of the career, whereas Barry will no doubt go on to score the winner for us in the 2025 Champions League final.  Let the man have his moment, and I'm a Horsham man so it's a big thing for me to big up a Creepy player.

Welcome Scrooge! :D It is a matter of opinions really. I thought Barry's goal just shaded it myself ;). I understand 100% where you are coming from concerning how some teams hijack polls (like Arsenal are perhaps doing with the player of the round now🤔). I doubt either player will be that bothered about these polls, what they did on the day and their reaction to doing it, will be what they remember most in the coming years. Best of luck to both players in the future. That said, it was rather nice that we were able to make our votes count on this occasion.  

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hat trick tonight for the U23's against Norwich.

That's thirteen in twelve games for him this season.

Goal machine.

He certainly is.Not saying we will by any means,but no rush imo at least to make him a permanent part of the senior squad as of yet;let him continue to develop.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

He certainly is.Not saying we will by any means,but no rush imo at least to make him a permanent part of the senior squad as of yet;let him continue to develop.

Yeah hopefully he makes a bench this season but is an unused sub or 5 mins tomorrow night better than what he's done tonight? 

Hopefully there's some times in the season where he can play for the youngsters have at least some rest then make the bench, seems daft that we play tonight before the PL game, put some space between the 2 or have the kids play after, bench tomorrow then play Sunday is doable 

• Like 1

Big whoop, how many players have ripped up youth football with us and gone on to have very sub par or pathetic careers.....

Send him on loan to prove himself in men’s football when the manager thinks his body can cope with it.

He'll definitely be better off staying with us for the rest of the season learning from our European class coaches, champions League winning assistant coach and world class player in Jack Grealish.

Top quality footballers like Barkley and Luiz will teach him more about football than playing on a cabbage patch against thugs. 

He and our other 16-18 year old promising youngsters can go on loan when they've been training with our first team for at least 12 months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

That goal he scored against Liverpool for me shows that he doesn't need to go out on loan - that was top level movement and finishing. 

Even Cantona, Kane and Beckham went out on loan to name a few. And Sir Jack of course. 

If the coaching staff feel he needs it then he will go and get some first team experience elsewhere, but boy, he looks a proper player.

48 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Even Cantona, Kane and Beckham went out on loan to name a few. And Sir Jack of course. 

If the coaching staff feel he needs it then he will go and get some first team experience elsewhere, but boy, he looks a proper player.

Loans are important for some, but not for others. For me, Barry has it, the thing he's lacking is size somewhat but that's not unusual given his age. I'm often in favour of loans, but I think that he'd be better off training with the first team and letting our coaches and physios guide him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

He'll definitely be better off staying with us for the rest of the season learning from our European class coaches, champions League winning assistant coach and world class player in Jack Grealish.

Top quality footballers like Barkley and Luiz will teach him more about football than playing on a cabbage patch against thugs. 

He and our other 16-18 year old promising youngsters can go on loan when they've been training with our first team for at least 12 months.

Just the fact that in training everyday he'd have to try to get past Ezri Konsa. If he can do that, then statistically he's the best PL striker in the league. 

• Like 1

We have to be patient. The step up to the premier league is massive. He's still got a boys body. He's a few years off for sure. He scores for fun at this level but so did these players below( They never really set the Premier league on fire)

Oliver McBurnie 29 goals in 32 games
Eddie Nketiah 27 goals in 37 games
Lukas Nmecha 26 goals in 33 games
Aaron Connolly 25 goals in 35 games

Â